Ultimate Subaru Message Board

STi BL!NG y0!!

Its almost complete! muhhahahahah!

DSCF4005.jpg

DSCF4011.jpg

DSCF4008.jpg

RXstage1.jpg

YES, the key works...PERFECTLY. The older cars (up to 2000, 2002 for Impret-za IIRC) are the SR5 keyblank, and the new ones are SR8...I took an SR8 and cut it with the SR8 coding and cutter...and it worked...so, we had the STi blank in stock, and there it is.

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

STi Key blank cut to match old key = Work???
I think there is a little more then just cutting the key profile. I think the key blank is a little thicker then the older ones so you'll have to grind it thinner once it has been cut.

Will, Don't fool with me like that!!!! I've been wanting to do an STI key for my 88 Justy 4WD since the key became available. Everyone I talked to told me it will not work! Lets face it, with the key going for $20.00 uncut I've been a bit scared to give it a try. Are you serious, or is it April 1st all over again? (You got me good man!!)

Really...Can it be done??

Jim V. (Met you once at Folger last summer)

carfreak85: Indeed.

Snowman: It says SUBARU on it. :drunk:

Subarutex: Yes. I did not trace the old key, as it was worn. I cut a new key from the Master Key Code from the VIN.

Dr. RX: Nope. Just use the cartridge for the SR5 blank, tell the PC its an SR5, and let it do its job. One normal pass and its done. Yes, the SR8 thicker than the SR5, but I did NOT have to do anything special.

viehmann: Yes, it can be done. No April fools joke here. Just ask Templar.

can you tell me my code without cutting a key? how mutch for a stock key?

ditto on that - I want an OEM-style key with light if those are still available - the '03 quick referance manual says yes, but it is several years out of date

awsome, i gotta go get a key made for my outback tomorrow.. the parts guy makes me new keys free of charge whenever i need them.. muuahaha.. since i send all my subaru, toyota, and chrysler parts requests to him from work..

maybe i'll have him cut me an STI key for my outback, :grin:

ditto on that - I want an OEM-style key with light if those are still available - the '03 quick referance manual says yes, but it is several years out of date

I'll have to look it up.

ok, $16.95 actually. Only 12 of them left in the country.

awsome, i gotta go get a key made for my outback tomorrow.. the parts guy makes me new keys free of charge whenever i need them.. muuahaha.. since i send all my subaru, toyota, and chrysler parts requests to him from work..

maybe i'll have him cut me an STI key for my outback, :grin:

i dont think he'll give you the blank for free...lol...plus he might not have it in stock. ;)

I would pay decent money for a couple factory correct OEM keys for the 87 RX.

What can you find?

Jay

Like i said...I can get the original blanks...just need your vin to make sure the code is on the report.

hey wjm put me on that list for the sti code cut key for my xt, won't be able to send you cash till next week when i get paid.ill send you my vin number then also ok?

PM me the VIN so I can make sure its going to show me the key code.

If i send you the VIN for like.. 3 of the other STi's around here... can I get keys for them too :)

I'll try to save up some $$ for this and paypal it to ya. I was just thinking the other day how I dont have a spare RX key, so I could use a new key. I think i'll have you send it to my parents though... wouldnt want you to have a key to my RX AND my Address :P

-Brian