Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 Carb Swap/de-emissioning the carb/intake

Alright, so I can't get the damn brat running right. the carb needs to rebuilt I believe. So I have a rebuilt Hitachi for a ea82 with a stripped intake.

I've heard the intakes are the same, so can I swap em from EA81 to EA82? I realize the thermostat housing will be in a differnt spot and I'll have to use the EA82 upper raid hose. Other then that, what other issues am I going to have?

Thanks for responding.

Alright Matt. That'd be great if you could get it in the mail to me. You still got the info correct? I will pull that spare tranny for ya today if the boss doesnt have me doin windshields.

I was going to rebuild the carb, but I will try your spare first and if that doesnt fix her up, I will rebuilt the one that was on there.

Also, I've got de-emissioning the EA82 carb down. Are EA81s the same? seems like th

Alright Matt. That'd be great if you could get it in the mail to me. You still got the info correct? I will pull that spare tranny for ya today if the boss doesnt have me doin windshields.

I was going to rebuild the carb, but I will try your spare first and if that doesnt fix her up, I will rebuilt the one that was on there.

Also, I've got de-emissioning the EA82 carb down. Are EA81s the same? seems like th

They should be very similar, as the basic design of the carb changed little. The EA81 will have less "junk" to remove.