Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LSD + No Rear Swaybar = No Good?

I am thinking of getting a 3.7 lsd for my brumby and theres one up for sale for $aus 400. I wont to convert to rwd for a while and need to know if i need a rear sway bar? Also what does a swaybar do? I think the price is a little high so I am gunna leave him a week and give him another offer. Can you rebuild these lsd other than the bearings and gaskets?

I am thinking of getting a 3.7 lsd for my brumby and theres one up for sale for $aus 400. I wont to convert to rwd for a while and need to know if i need a rear sway bar? Also what does a swaybar do? I think the price is a little high so I am gunna leave him a week and give him another offer. Can you rebuild these lsd other than the bearings and gaskets?

The LSD will work fine once you convert it to 3.90 ratio. I have run them without rear sway bars but also in 4WD/FWD modes. Sway bars help to eliminate body roll in corners. You should be OK without the rear sway bar for now. It does help improve the ride though. I added a GL10 rear sway bar to my Brat last year. Much tighter in the corners. It's not an Impreza by any means but it definitely improved it.

Follow this procedure in the USMB online repair and mod manual for the conversion. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/article.php?a=36

Btw: aussie 4spds are 3.7 final ratio, well thats what i have in the back of it now. Is lsd the bolt on? e.g. same shaft spine count and hanging possitions to a brumby?

My bad, it will bolt right up. No worries.