Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looky what I found on a '88 GL in Orlando

I was bummed out because the junkyards around here I usually go to for the odd part for my Loyale had recently crushed their Subes. On the way home I drop by this new U-Pull place and lo-and-behold a 1988 GL SPFI. And here's what I found on 'em:

8324DSCN2049.jpg

8324DSCN2048.jpg

KYB GR-2 341066 HJ06 is the model apparently.

Does this one not look too bad? I only took one because I'm no expert (was a mother***** to take off) Theres some weird red dust in the middle where the rod meets the lower half and I can see some more at the very top inside the top dust boot. The lower dust boot is loose and can move up and down which I hope isn't that big of an issue. I for myself can't see any oil leakage. Also, these are probably 2WD struts as the car was a manual 2WD. I have a 4WD Loyale, so they should fit, right?. So should I get the other one? This cost me $30.

They are the correct pt#. Some internet searching found that the number is still good. They are still available and run around $38.00 ea. This doesn't include the springs or attachment hardware.

Odd thing is that the XT6 uses a different pt#.