Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I bought a 93 legacy touring wagon a month ago.I got it for ski trips to Lake Tahoe,in fact,I drove it up to Tahoe 3 days after I got it,looking for snow packed roads to test out the 4wheel drive.I paid top dollar(6000.00) for it,but it only had 75000 miles on it and really clean and well cared for.The car ran like a top on the trip.Got all my ski gear packed in easily,with room to spare.Do all of you take your cars to the subaru local dealerships or independent mechanics?I went to the local dealer to replace a fuse,and I knew more about it(owners manual) than the parts counter guy.Thanks

Is it a turbo?

That is low mileage for a 1993. I take mine to the dealer for some stuff, and a local shop for other stuff. Pretty much anything engine related I go to the dealer for...but brakes, tires, clutch, etc. i'd go to whatever is cheapest (Usuly not the dealer)

Guest jclay

I only go to the dealership as a last resort. there are allot of helpful people on this board, who give me the knowledge to do most stuff myself

Yes,it is a turbo,and it really get's going,when the turbo kick's in!Thanks for the feedback.

Is it a turbo?

That is low mileage for a 1993. I take mine to the dealer for some stuff, and a local shop for other stuff. Pretty much anything engine related I go to the dealer for...but brakes, tires, clutch, etc. i'd go to whatever is cheapest (Usuly not the dealer)

If it go's wrong, don't take it to a dealer. They know where the drain plugs are, and how to bleed the coolant, but subarus don't go wrong, and they're stumped.Take it to a proper mechanic. [Check his{or her} finger nails for evidence].

Thanks for the feedback....that was my impression of local dealership(kinda shakey on replacing a fuse).I'll start asking local subaru owners and I will post any problems here on the board.My wagon is really fun to drive.

If it go's wrong, don't take it to a dealer. They know where the drain plugs are, and how to bleed the coolant, but subarus don't go wrong, and they're stumped.Take it to a proper mechanic. [Check his{or her} finger nails for evidence].

FYI- I have been looking for a touring Wagon for three years know. Nice SCore! Careful with the heads on that Turbo. I think you paid a fair price for such a rare car. BTW- Which Fuse, I have a 90 that I am parting out. Let me know if you need anything. Thanks

Thanks for the feedback.The wagon runs great and is fun to drive(my 1st car with a turbo).When I popped off fuse box lid at dealership,there was a extra(15)inside,so I popped it in and on my way,thanks though.

FYI- I have been looking for a touring Wagon for three years know. Nice SCore! Careful with the heads on that Turbo. I think you paid a fair price for such a rare car. BTW- Which Fuse, I have a 90 that I am parting out. Let me know if you need anything. Thanks