Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The stock pads from the dealer for my wife's car were stamped "Akebono" on the back. Sometimes a car manufacturer can change suppliers, or have different suppliers for different model cars so this may be one of the manufacturers.

Well, the reason I was asking is being the OEM pads do not dust much but they certainly do not stop as well as Axxis ultimates which unfortunately dusts a lot. Plus, OEM pads are about $40 more than OEMs which makes me wonder who makes them.

So it's probably different for every year depending on who the supplier is?

If you get the Axxis-PBR Deluxe pads, you'll get very little dust. I used to have a set on my car and loved them because of the dustless performance. They seemed to fade a little less, and have better bite than the stock.

I currently use axxis ultimates on a honda and they do stop in a real hurry which is a little too good for my driving. I would continue to use them except that they dust a lot and so I am looking for something for my OBW that bites better than stock but does not dust as much as the ultimates. Was thinking about metal masters but have no prior experience to how much they dust.