Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 Loyale ride height adjust question.

Hey Ya'll, the 91 Loyale I picked up last night has it's tail end WAY up in the air. i would like to either raise the front a little to even it out or lower the tail. If I remember correctly, on my older past Soobs, there was an adjustment under the rear seat for the rear. Darned if i cannot find it on this car. Any tips?

Thanks alot,

Todd

Is it the torsion bar set up or normal springs? I just fixed up my torsion bar suspention on my Brat. I had to pull out the crossmember and clean it right up because I couldn't move that nut. I'm not sure how you get to the nut on the wagons or sedans but for the Brats you need to get under the car. If its the spring typre I wouldn't have a clue. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

No, the front end sits pretty normal and the rear is way higher than other Loyales i have seen. Maybe 1-2 inches higher! i will look to see if the springs have adjusters. Thanks.

Later,

todd

on my 91 loyale theres adjusters at the top of the shocks from what i remember. they adjust the spring preload. theres 3 notches for 3 different heights. its to compensate for worn springs i think. you have to rotate the shock into the notch you need. (i don't know if thats a good enough explanation but maybe somebody else can help too) i think there's only about 1-2 inches of total adjustability though. i don't know if it will make enough difference. but maybe it got new springs and they left it in the "high setting.."