Ultimate Subaru Message Board

8psi with no load @5500rpm!?! Solved problem!

After doing the HG's the car has no power off the line and about 75% otherwise, I checked the timing and it's good. I did notice that when I rev it up, say 5500rpm it shows about 8psi of boost with no load!. I'm thinking that I've got the t-belts slighlty off by a tooth or so. Has anyone had a similar prob? I'm going to check them tomorrow morn. with any luck that's the prob here.

Well after adjusting the cam's again, right side off[retarded] by a tooth, the car still ran like crap. So I rechecked the timing, TPS, and then the timing again. Nothing, no power and a horrible idle. Pulled the plugs and they all fired but #3 was kinda cleaner than the rest [i put new plugs in when the hg's were done] so I ohmed out #3 injector and got nothing, injector's toast. Installed a new one and she's running perfectly which makes me wonder if #3 injector was on it's way out and not spraying enough fuel shortly before that sides HG went. Coincidence?

is that also where the HG went?
yep. Cars running well I just got back from Tofino[small'ish waves, got some tho] ran stock boost and slightly less timing 20' . Tomorrow I pick up the 86 gl-10 turbo 4 dr sedan 2wd that I scored for $250, it's got new lifters and a recent reseal with a fresh turbo too. not bad body but some rust. BUT i just also found a 4dr gl-10 turbo 4wd sedan with a fried motor or $200 so it's swappin time. I should come out of this with a tonne of parts too. Hmmm gl-10 goodies.