Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my new subaru!

lil' roo is up and running... but the tranny is making a wicked noise. so as soon as i get some more time away from work i'm going to put some of that lucas oil in there and see if she'll shut up. it might be a combo of a wheel bearing going bad. the left wheel bearing was slightly exposed because of a broken axle, the whole time i was in iraq. so some sand might have gotten in there and killed it. that's hopefully all. i need to look into a leak on the engine also... but the tranny or wheel bearing, which ever it is or combo is the most impotant right now... this whole weapons training is winding down so i should start getting weekends off! which will help with getting lil' roo the rest of the way up.

i'm working on it. most of my money is going to the new offroad roo though. so i'm scrounging on little roo and have to fix her as low cost as possible for now. did take her out wheeling a couple days ago though. that's when i discovered that grinding noise. really hoping it's only a bearing that got sand in it and died...

Over his father's dead body..:brow: ..It is parked in my yard after all...:grin: ..It is a nice little car and would make a good daily driver. ...Since the rest of what he has is tweeked, I have advised him to hang on to it, something dependable to drive in the rain.....but what do I know.....I am only the DAD:rolleyes: .

nice find you got there,last week there was a 83 subaru wagon in the free ads(4x4) engine ran an tranny was good but the guy said it wasn't driveable and i'd have to have it towed.of course silly me i didn't ask why :banghead: .if it was intown,i'd been all over it but it was couple towns over an didn't even want to think of how much a tow would have been.

it may have been really rusted out,to the point of braking badly.i could see it now,puttin down the road then snap! as the back end falls out due to rusted mounting points:eek:

try explaining that to the cops

Good Score!

Why can't I ever find one of those freebies :eek:

It seems a little clean to carve up into a monster.

I would make a nice driver---for a while :brow:

Drive through SLC when you move it south!

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

you know i was gonna post about putting atf fluid in the other day and forgot, my hatch was running real low because of an axle seal and the only thing i had around at the time was some dextron 3, so i put about a 1/2 quart in and have had it in for about a week and a 1/2 now and it is shifting great now, it is even shifting easier when its cold.

rooinator nice find that wagon looks really clean, i wish i could find the freebies lol