Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Update #2: My Subaru wagon story is "out" and in readers rides

Update 2: I did it! Here's the webpage I promised The only gallery up there right now is the Modifications gallery. I'll add more when I get a chance. -- About the tranny I spoke with mudrat this morning and I'll try to get more details. He deduced it could be the tailhousing and parts from a gen1 legacy on the back of the RX tranny and in the center diff.

Update 1: I've decided I'm putting up an album tomorrow with all pix of all the mods the car has plus some more pix of the original build. I'll post the link here. And if I can get to edit my readers ride post I'll put it there to.

Hey gang, been wanting to do this for a while.

Having enjoyed this particular wagon for 8 years, I thought I'd share its story with people who would appreciate it. Its great to have a group like this, and enjoy the story.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/article.php?a=98

edit: wanted to add this photo to the readers ride post, but can't edit. The last backpack trip I did w/ dear old dad in 1999 (and a better shot of the car than I have in the readers ride post.)

8577backpack.jpg

I plan to create a website that'll have photo albums since upload space is small here. But till then, the story is finally posted. --E

Please oh faceless one, enlighten me on the 4.11 gear swap.
The builder had a lot of troubles after he built my car and I'm sure would prefer to remain anonymous.

There are a few here who can tell you how its done. You have to replace a couple things in the center diff so it plays well with the rear diff. --E

Hey gang, been wanting to do this for a while.

Having enjoyed this particular wagon for 8 years, I thought I'd share its story with people who would appreciate it. Its great to have a group like this, and enjoy the story.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/article.php?a=98

edit: wanted to add this photo to the readers ride post, but can't edit. The last backpack trip I did w/ dear old dad in 1999 (and a better shot of the car than I have in the readers ride post.)

8577backpack.jpg

I plan to create a website that'll have photo albums since upload space is small here. But till then, the story is finally posted. --E

SWEETNESS! I want that, or something similar, oh yes please!! Pesky

DAMN.

that is one impressive project. I want your transmission. please send it to me; I'm in 99220.

my GL10 wagon is similar in some ways.. it is (slowly) receiving a 2.2 swap and it has a kevlar clutch between that and an RX transmission.. I have a pistol grip shifter from a 4WD XT with the differential lock wired to the pistol grip's button (a little proud of that :) ) I also have a 4" lift in transit right now, and I have converted the suspension to that of a Legacy so I have larger brakes and the 5-lug bolt pattern.

how is the gas mileage in town with those 4.11 gears and on the highway with the forester 5th gear? :slobber: I am going to be losing sleep at night now thanks to you!

we need to track down this subaru savant who built this car!

Boy! :eek:

There are still a few tricks we haven't learned aparently. Just like everyone else I'd like to know how all that gearing voodoo worked! :slobber:

Thanks for the writeup!

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer--needs gearing

01 Forester--needs gearing

Update 2: I did it! Here's the webpage I promised The only gallery up there right now is the Modifications gallery. I'll add more when I get a chance. -- About the tranny I spoke with mudrat this morning and I'll try to get more details. He deduced it could be the tailhousing and parts from a gen1 legacy on the back of the RX tranny and in the center diff. --E