Ultimate Subaru Message Board

making a rollbar?

AKIRA

And if my parents buy the bender for their shop here soon I will probably try making a few of them.

Not sure I am ready for the liability stuff though or the guilt when somebody rolls their brat and the rollbar isnt enough to keep them from being smooshed. Then again I would be ready for the kudos when it saves their hide so I guess I will just have to take my chances and put a use at your own risk type of statement on them. I won't be messing around, as in, they wont be cheap to ship cuz they will be REAL metal. :)

Shawn

Id also like to see Mudrat make some rollbars since he is starting up a business doing that sort of thing right now.

Personally I dont try to compete with him, hes great with a welder and I just do it on the side with a guy at the folks shop. I do all the cutting, etc and have the guy weld what I want up. I am learning to weld as I go.

I make the "SteelyDel" guards but they aren't really competition with Mudrat in my opinion. The guards I make are more of a duplicate of the factory guard, enhanced a little here and there. Mudrat historically has made stuff that is meant for mud, rocks, trees, etc and is a lot tougher than a SteelyDel guard but also a lot heavier and not quite as stock looking. The SteelyDel tends to look like it rolled off the dealer lot with it on there and they are great for a street/highway use vehicle. They have proven themselves against the deer too. Needed repaired afterwards but saved some damage on the car.

Merely my opinion. I am just glad we have the talents we have on this board. Otherwise we would be running around in a bunch of vehicles that look exactly the same and have no custom anything. That would be kindof like what was going on when the board started. A lift kit was an overseas thing and a brushguard was a "find one in the junkyard" thing.

:D:eek:

hey all

if anyone every makes a roll cage for an EA81 body style

please post info

looking into it for Stage Rally specs.......that's if i can run vintage/historic class........Club Rally as something about a 20 year rule.....Snow White's 21 now :eek:

shanonsf

82 GLW rallywagon