Ultimate Subaru Message Board

it WILL lift your car about 1.5-2". i put in 2004 wrx suspension all the way around my car and got lifted but stiffer suspension. i reccomend looking into like ver5 sti parts that will fit right, either that or keeping your stuts and using the newer springs. with the springs from the newer cars, you will get a much stiffer ride than stock due to the fact that the newer body styles weigh in about 400 pounds more than the gc style cars.

I would really not recommend you just buy a set of rear struts. They won't match your springs, and you will have different struts front and back. Your car will not handle well at all. Find a whole set of take-offs if you want to put in STi struts (also they'd have to be from an 04).

Also, just putting in the struts won't raise your car. The reason they're lifted is because the GD is heavier, as was mentioned. The springs are what would cause your car to sit higher, as they aren't compressed as far.

its not that its heavier, granted that does make a difference, its that the struts mount about an inch and a half higher in the body of the newer imprezas. i compared both sets of struts side by side and the newer units were noticable longer.

I would really not recommend you just buy a set of rear struts. They won't match your springs, and you will have different struts front and back. Your car will not handle well at all. Find a whole set of take-offs if you want to put in STi struts (also they'd have to be from an 04).

Also, just putting in the struts won't raise your car. The reason they're lifted is because the GD is heavier, as was mentioned. The springs are what would cause your car to sit higher, as they aren't compressed as far.