Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My recent purchase, '84 Subaru Brat Pics

I don't wanna clog up the post with pictures so I will just post links to them.

Link to all pictures (may take awhile to load on dial-up)

Front View

Front Right Side

Front Left Side

Rear Left Side

Rear Right Side

Interior 1

Interior 2

She included a topper for the back but I took it off becuase I like the way it looks without it.

It's a 1984 Subaru Brat GL, manual transmission, T-Tops. The lady I bought it from was the original owner. Her father bought it for her when she was 16. They lived on a ranch in Wyoming. When she moved to Utah it was garaged for seven years. Then she took it out of the garage and drove it to Utah and has been driving it to work daily. It has 127,000 miles on it. Original paint job, almost no rust (some in the usual brat places) And it has all the documentation for any mechanic work ever done to it. Plus she had a Kenwood aftermarket CD Player installed and new infinity speakers.

Still looking for rear seats, headrests, seatbelts so I can put those in.

- Harv

Looks nice, Good Score!. Bummer the jumpseats aren't in it.. are the mounts there for the seats? How much did that little beauty cost ya?

I don't think all the mounts for the seast are in there. There is one bracket attached to the rear right under the back window, and it looks like the other one was taken out. And in the bed it looks like there were two places where the seats were attached but they were taken out too. The lady said they took them out because they were illegal and she doens't know where they are now. But I looked up the truck laws in Utah and it's legal to ride in the bed of a truck without any seats at all, so I'm pretty sure if I put the jump seats and seatbelts in that it would be legal.

It passed safety and emissions last week and I put the real plates on. The safety/emissions guy was excited to see it. He asked if I had the seats for the back too, then gave me the locations and names of several junkyards I could look in for them. I guess his friend had one when he was in high school.

As for the price, I'd rather not say but I got an amazing deal and I think I could sell it for at least 2x as much ;)

- Harv

The jump seats are not illegal. If they were imported with them in, then they passed all DOT regulations for sale in the US.

They quit putting them in, in the later models but that was for liability reasons.

I have checked out most of the local Junk Yards and there are no seats to be had. :-\ I know of a hidden stash of Subarus and some of them have the seats (old and new generation) but I have not been able to run down the owner. :banghead:

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

I have checked out most of the local Junk Yards and there are no seats to be had. :-\ I know of a hidden stash of Subarus and some of them have the seats (old and new generation) but I have not been able to run down the owner.

Darn! Well I will keep a look out as well. Been trying to find them anywhere I can. Let me know if you find some extras somwhere.

- Harv