Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Historic Subaru Forum

Welcome to a long overdue forum. A brief history is in order and should help show the reasoning for this addition to USMB.

Originally when USMB was started, our current user and moderator Subaru3 had a forum for the older models. Eventually everybody was hopping between USMB and his message board and most people were wanting to have a one hop trip to their Subaru addiction so we merged. This distinction has been lost over the years. His website was one of very few showcasing Subarus, and is still alive and well at this location:

http://www.vintagesubaru.com

The growing value of the original Subarus has really started to take shape. The 360, and Brat are becoming very popular amongst collectors and finding restorable, original cars has become more and more difficult. Finding parts is also a challenge. This forum is intended to serve those purposes but also the older technology you find only in the Historic models, like points ignition, 4 wheel drum brakes, tailgate models, air cooled engines, etc.

Id also like to take the time to introduce our natural choices for Moderators. Subaru3, who founded the original forum, and Moosens, a huge fanatic of the 70's cars. I hope they will take the time to introduce themselves here in this thread as well.

Yep....the site is down for now. I am in the process of finding a professional to build it up and update it. Don't worry ...it will be back!!!

If anybody with web expertise is interested in helping me or sharing ownership of this site...that would be WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I own:

www.vintagesubaru.com

I'd like to move it from the AOL server

Todd

Thanks for all the kind words.I'll be sure to keep myself in check.:)

I'm Paul,for those of you who didn't know.I'm honored to be a moderator here.Thanks Shawn,Brian,and all involved.

Lots to talk about!!!

But please guys,understand that right now I'm bouncing off the walls getting my former workshop moved into storage.You won't see much of me this weekend.

Enjoy the new forum!!

And a special thanks to Todd for updating his website.

I'm absolutely going to push a couple of local guys to get on here now.They're extremely knowledgable and will more likely be able to recall some info from the early years as they've been involved since the early 70's with Subarus.

As for Europe,yes you folks over there didn't get the early cars,just a shame.I did end up selling my '76(?) DL to a guy who shipped it to his dad's dealership in Sweden!! It sits there in the showroom,restored.It only had 37,000 when it left my hands!!! You can imagine just how nice it looked.I really wish we didn't get rid of it,naturally.

Remember,turn your lights off,and the gas door is on the driver's side.;)

It can be less than amusing when you bounce back and forth with the newer and older generation Subarus.But still,I get a satisfaction knowing I'm doing "the long arithmatic as opposed to using a calculator"....It's a bit of a chore sometimes,but when someone says they're glad to see me still running that car,it's all worth the effort.

See you all soon,

Paul

i may (hopefully) be getting another wagon this weekend somewhere between 72 and 76. she wasnt sure on the year, i'll find out sunday

-mike

turns out it is an '80 and i may not be getting it after all:(

guess that will keep mom happy since there won't be 13 cars in the yard(but i'm gonna try and sneak home an rx anyway)

-mike

• 8 months later...
Welcome to a long overdue forum. A brief history is in order and should help show the reasoning for this addition to USMB.

Originally when USMB was started, our current user and moderator Subaru3 had a forum for the older models. Eventually everybody was hopping between USMB and his message board and most people were wanting to have a one hop trip to their Subaru addiction so we merged. This distinction has been lost over the years. His website was one of very few showcasing Subarus, and is still alive and well at this location:

http://members.aol.com/subaru3/

The growing value of the original Subarus has really started to take shape. The 360, and Brat are becoming very popular amongst collectors and finding restorable, original cars has become more and more difficult. Finding parts is also a challenge. This forum is intended to serve those purposes but also the older technology you find only in the Historic models, like points ignition, 4 wheel drum brakes, tailgate models, air cooled engines, etc.

Id also like to take the time to introduce our natural choices for Moderators. Subaru3, who founded the original forum, and Moosens, a huge fanatic of the 70's cars. I hope they will take the time to introduce themselves here in this thread as well.

I have a 1981 Brat and I just bought a 1979 Brat that runs but needs some TLC body is beather then the 81.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,let's please limit the useless posts to as close to zero as possible.

Most of us don't have time to waste looking at your crying or moaning.Post something substancial,please.

Also,please understand some of our rules here that get brushed aside occasionally.

Avatars are supposed to be related to cars,Subarus,and not much else.PLEASE read the rules and alter your avatar if necessary.Or the avatar nazis will come to find you.:-\

And please use the eBay/Craigslist Forum for those posts.Yes,I realize that those vehicles pertain to the Historic Forum but if someone can click here becasue they love Vintage subarus then they can click the eBay/Craigslist Forum too.

Have a nice day.:)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...