Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT Body kits

Has anyone ever been able to find a body kit for the XT/XT6 coupes. Or can one be fabricated from an older Honda prelude body kit, (bodys are similar in shape don't you think).

I kinda want to try fabrications but afraid to jump into something this big. has anyone ever tried something like this for an XT/XT6 coupe?

LOL, I have seen the GAME, but My XT is real, but thanks subyrally.

subaru_styles thanks, this is the most info I have seen on a kit for this car. I have owned it since 1987 and have never been able to find one anywhere. I will have to check out that website.

Thanks again, both of you...

there was a kaminari kit made and people are running them. best bet is to find someone selling it and jump on it. i know someone in scranton, PA that just bought one. they are very hard to come by as you know. there was discussion on http://www.xt6.net about someone (a board member at xt6.net) making additional kits based off an original but they didn't seem to follow through with that yet. i test drove a white XT6 in atlanta, GA that had one on it. if i had bought it i'd definitely sell it to you. i'd probably pay you to get it off my car.

I've got the Kaminari kit. I was chatting with X35 about having it fabricated. Since it's alot to ship it to his place I'd like to get alot of response before actually getting in deep with the idea.

Poll for fab

If there's enough people who want it I can deliver it to him at The Dragon and get stuff going.

Smiles,

Melis

Different strokes for different folks, but DAMN that's an ugly kit. No,No,no it's FUGLY. Did the designers have the car in the same room, no, state, when they penned that thing? Doesn't flatter the original design at all.

One man's honest opinion, take no personal offense,

Jay

I think I like the kit a little, but, the front lip i don't like, and the side skirts are too plain, this is kinda why I was asking about the older prelude kits and some slight fabrication, if for no other reason but to have more options.

I almost had the kit Melissa got (it was part of a package deal--XT6 plus lots of miscellaneous parts, including the kit) but she snagged it first...the gyu I got it from has contacts at SOA, and he's only seen/heard of 2 of them in the states.

(btw, thanks for taking it off svxpert's hands, Melis--he lowered the price and I really didn't want it anyways)