Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a few misc questions

82 gl wagon.

1. what's the voltage suppost to be? i get right above 12, and it goes up and down when the blinker is on, and then it goes just below 12 when the head lights are on... shouldnt it be a little bit higher output?

2. does the 82 have a buzzer or anything that indicates that your lights are on when the car is off? i've left my lights on a few times because i forget thier on. if so, where could i find it, or is thier a way to hook one up?(all fuses are good)

3. what does it mean when my cadiliddic converted keeps tapping, once every second or two?

4. does anyone have a wiper switch where the intermitten works? my switch sucks, and it turns the wipers off the second you turn them off, without returning to the seated position, and int wipers are a must in seattle.

1- sounds like your votage is a little lower than normal, but its an old car. Might want to make sure your grounds are clean.

2- Lights should turn off with the key if its anything like the EA82 cars.

3 -not sure

4- check the marketplace for cars being parted, post an ad there, or go to your local PAP. You are in the land of subarus. shouldn't be too hard to find one.

for the voltage issue, clean you battery terminals (install new battery cable ends if needed). also clean/check all your grounds. run a heavy gauge wire straight from the alternator to the positive battery terminal. this has helped others with dim lights, flickering lights, low voltage, etc. i did it as well, but never had any issues before or after.