Ultimate Subaru Message Board

05 outback lift

brookie1024

Hello all,

I'm considering pretty seriously getting a new outback. But for my purposes the clearance -- especially considering the car's length(?) -- seems a little low. Some mud, some creek fording, but mainly seriously rocky roads -- these are often barriers to locating wild trout. What might be an ideal clearance height? Who does this kind of work (not meicon7.gif) and how much does it cost? Does it compromise anything? I did check out FAQs . . .

I know these are pretty elementary questions, but any responses would be very hery helpful.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey John (mudrat79),

Why don't you resolve the issue with my mudrat bumper not fitting before you start marketing to others??? I've been sitting on this $1000 bumper for 3 months and you have done nothing to help me, except to suggest that I grind down part of my Baja that the bumper is rubbing on :confused: . Doesn't say much about your customer service... better hope your lift kit doesn't meet with the same production issues!!!!!

Sorry I have to call you on it like this, but nothing else has worked, and I have been more than patient over the last 3 months trying to get this resolved :banghead:

maybe this will motivate you to pay attention to your customers!!!!

if not I will continue to caution others about your quality of products and how you treat people who buy your product on every forum there is!!!!!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO STOP POSTING THIS INFORMATION. YOU CAN PM ME OR GET MY NUMBER FROM RALLITEK.

I would be happy to help also. We are taking in a 2002 outback and constructing a lift for it this weekend, we will not know the actual outcome until monday or next week (depending on what parts are available etc.).

You can check our website out at www.alliedarmament.com . Jon is very good also (mudrat design and fabrication). So you can pick and choose I am located in Scappoose and he is located in Eugene (both in Oregon).

Hello all,

I'm considering pretty seriously getting a new outback. But for my purposes the clearance -- especially considering the car's length(?) -- seems a little low. Some mud, some creek fording, but mainly seriously rocky roads -- these are often barriers to locating wild trout. What might be an ideal clearance height? Who does this kind of work (not meicon7.gif) and how much does it cost? Does it compromise anything? I did check out FAQs . . .

I know these are pretty elementary questions, but any responses would be very hery helpful.

Thanks.

Hey John (mudrat79),

Why don't you resolve the issue with my mudrat bumper not fitting before you start marketing to others??? I've been sitting on this $1000 bumper for 3 months and you have done nothing to help me, except to suggest that I grind down part of my Baja that the bumper is rubbing on :confused: . Doesn't say much about your customer service... better hope your lift kit doesn't meet with the same production issues!!!!!

Sorry I have to call you on it like this, but nothing else has worked, and I have been more than patient over the last 3 months trying to get this resolved :banghead:

maybe this will motivate you to pay attention to your customers!!!!

if not I will continue to caution others about your quality of products and how you treat people who buy your product on every forum there is!!!!!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO STOP POSTING THIS INFORMATION. YOU CAN PM ME OR GET MY NUMBER FROM RALLITEK.

I second this John, as per this morning's email...

Your knowledge and fabricat-ability are phonominal, but the follow up is lagging...

• 2 weeks later...

Jamba.....I pm'd you as well....

My hands are tied on your bumper.....You bought it through Rallitek.....RALLITEK is who you need to be contacting inorder to get it Right.....??? I called you person to person as soon as I heard about it having an Issue from Sean at Rallitek..As a favor to you and Sean......I even went as far as trying to bring the other Bumper he had sitting down there to Southern California on my Own time to figure the issue out.....But Sean Told me you had a Friend Coming this Direction and that he was going to play Middle Man...??

I hadn't heard anymore on this subject untill a Moderator brought this Post to my attention....

I have been Very Busy in the Real World lately, and Not had any time to surf the net or baby sit any internet Boards.....including this one.....

I am going to Call Sean this Morning and Try to resolve this one way or the other for you TODAY......

Be sure you have all your info right before you go bashing someone publicly.....I stand Behind My product 100% I have Many Cars out there with my Lifts and Bumpers on them.....

Talk to you soon One way or the other......

John

Hello all,

Thanks.

man, 05 outbacks sure seem to have PLEANTY of clearance and far as i can see.

Hell they come with a lift from the factory. I know that the new ones, because they couldn't meet emissions with their new line of motors were lifted a few inches to give them truck status so that they wouldn't have to be in the same emissions category. I would think that you may be able to get a 2 to 3 inch lift in it but who knows until we tear one apart. :brow:

I agree, how high are you thinking on going with a lift? :confused: