Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A new sube for me!

I finally found exactly what I was looking for, it's an '88 gl wagon, d/r, spfi. Leaks no oil, burns no oil! Mechanically and electrically perfect. Great interior, new Cv's, and some rust in the fender wells, needs one front fender replaced because of the rust, the other side has been done already. I got it for $1000 CDN, might have talked him down further, but I'm no good at that :-\ Expect to see 6" 5"/1" susp lift, and 27-28's soon.

the one i had was perfect off road--untill the rear axle started to fall out. this car was the epitome of what salt would do. probably the most rusted soob i had seen. but it was mechanically sound, 135000 miles, and held STRONG oil pressire

i'll bet its light blue with blue interior. shoot me if i'm wrong

It's not too much to look at right now, it's that deep red colour, with grey int, and it has 270, 000 KM, but has been old-lady driven, then highway driven it's whole life. Ive already put some off-roading scratches in it! Mechanically perfect, doesn't leak a drop of oil! A little valve tick, but you can' hear it unless youve got the hood up. The whole underneath is dry! It has rust though, I am putting new front fenders on, and the back needs work, but some will be cut out for big tires/wheels, and I also have a wrap around steel bumper idea that could eliminate most of the trouble spots. Rockers are fine though. Also in the future it may have to get a new hatch. Just took some arc tests with the fenders off to get a good look, and I have some ideas to get probably another 4" of uptravel and maybe 1" down in the front with a 6" lift and stock axles. In the back I think I can get a few more inches either way, though I may make slip-yoke rear axles, which would give me more. I've got an arc welder, and the shafts are fairly skinny, so it wouldn't be too hard to keep balanced. I can always take them out for daily driver use anyways. Hey miles, I think you and I have a lot in common as far as automotive fun goes, I don't get in as many run-ins with the cops though, I'm not that daring :brow: You probably saw my beater story on the Celica, very trashwagon-ish!