Ultimate Subaru Message Board

while Andrew was at work.....

Guest Caboobaroo

Guest Caboobaroo

well I'm already having troubles with my wagon (go figure). I put an electronic disty in it and the starter solenoid has gone out I think. But anyways, Jon (Jon61484), Randy (drunken disorederly Randy) and I decided to try and roll start it. Well I got it to start but it was running really badly. Then it died at the bottom of the hill near Andrew's house, grrrrr. So then I called Andrew and asked him where the tow rope was....he said it was in the back of his car in the middle of a field. He said I could use his 4x4 to tow it back up the hill to his house if I could find something to work for a tow rope. Well I couldn't...... So what did we do? you may ask. Heh, Randy got into the wagon andwe pushed it using the 4x4 around the block back up to Andrew's house:lol: . We were cruising at about 5 mph as we passed an old lady getting out of her car. She saw Randy in the wagon and she waved to him. In the next second, she saw me in the 4x4 pushing him. She gave us the weirdest looks:rolleyes: . It was quite a site I tell you. Too bad Andrew was at work and missed it.:rollin:

Guest Hondas Pink Martini

I guess I'll have to start coming over to keep you boys in line while Andrew is gone. *nods* Oh! And did you clean the driveway?

Guest Hondasucks

Yeah guys, I hope you didnt' bend up my brushguard any worse than it is :-P And clean your Subaru droppings out of my driveway :-P

Guest baccaruda

cool! pushing cars is fun. beats up your license plate though 8o .. i towed a car home just last night with a strap.. made more fun by taking the long way home as i didn't want to block the main bridge as i crawled up... and i just found another one i want to buy! i think i'm going to pick up a side gig of fixing $200 subarus around here :D

Guest jon61484

the 1600 in that rust bucket sedan would be pretty sweet if the weber and the engine had a tune up. But it still pushed that wagon around like nobody's business... and it was a cool site to see. (and be in)

Guest Flowmastered87GL

While he was at work... I hit a new land speed record in the 87 coming back from eugene... 103 :eek: I estimate had I had the proper air in the tires, and not had 100 pounds of tools + 4 pugs AND tires and a hood in the back (and had to brake for traffic :mad: ), I coulda hit 110+ EASY

The 87 has NEVER run this good, the previous record was 99, and before the weber it was 95.

Guest SubaruJunkie

My good friend had a full sized peugeot 505 wagon. One morning i was staying the night at his house and had to wake up early the next morining for work. When I woke up, i saw there was fresh snow everywhere, so i put my subie (a '79 GL Wagon at the time) into 4WD and the 1600 it had pushed that peugeot all the way to the end of the street.

He woke up and thought it was gone, until he saw all the skid marks leading to his car.

Oh, and his wagon was in park the whole time... Ah, the days.

Anyhow, sounds like fun

-Brian