Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Needed parts for '78 Brat

First, I am new to USMB and want to say "Hi". Second, I am in need of a few parts for my new Brat. Does anyone know where I can get the interior door pull trim (left & right), a riight rear tail light lens, and both shift lever knobs? Any help is greatly appreciated. Third, thanks to Subaru3 for telling me about this site.

Marisa

Welcome!!

When I get moved into my next home I'll be taking all my stuff out of storage.At that time I should have what you need,but it could be another month,two,three...all depends on how our current place sells,etc.

Meanwhile,someone else might be able to help.

The Vintage Subaru gang has been growing quite rapidly in this past year!!!

Once upon a time it seemed like only a handful of us were even remotely interested in these cars.Now there's over 20 people here who are very dedicated,and many more who are a little less involved.Regarless of your level of involvment it's great to have the company!

Welcome to being a proud owner of a rapidly decending generation of Subaru! I do have some of the parts you are looking for like the shift knobs but that is all I have currently. If I remember, I have a ok condition shift knob with the shift indicator button still on it and readible, the 4wd shift knob doesn't have the shift indicator unfortunatly. I will have to go through my parts and inventory what I have but should only take me about a week or so to do it. I'll let you know what I come across!

• 4 weeks later...
Still looking for any of these parts. I saw in another post you got the tail light and the pull handle trim new. Lucky you!:grin: Just thought I would check. I am parting two gen 1 Brats.

Hi Subyguy, I am looking for a steering u-joint for my '78 brat. Let me know,thanks,dp

Welcome to the board, good to have you.

in the spare parts dept. for me I have a tranny I bought from syrinx when he was on the west coast, that did not fit my car with out buying new parts,:rolleyes: Oh well, that's life.

I wish you good luck with the rear taillights, these are a chore to find.

I'll look around the garage to see it I have anymore.

Speaking of parts anyone have a spare steering wheel 81' brat?:brow:

Welcome to the board, good to have you.

in the spare parts dept. for me I have a tranny I bought from syrinx when he was on the west coast, that did not fit my car with out buying new parts,:rolleyes: Oh well, that's life.

I wish you good luck with the rear taillights, these are a chore to find.

I'll look around the garage to see it I have anymore.

Speaking of parts anyone have a spare steering wheel 81' brat?:brow:

BTW, how come you never brought that back? I told you I would buy it back from you...

Incidently I do have a steering wheel.. what style and color?

Kurt

BTW, how come you never brought that back? I told you I would buy it back from you...

Incidently I do have a steering wheel.. what style and color?

Kurt

Too lazy I think :lol: I know you would buy it back and if you come back this way I'll sell it to ya!!, Anyway I still may use it after all.

On the steering wheel, looking for a black one if possible, and the style, well whatever fits and looks like a gen 1 brat I guess.. right now I have an old glf steering wheel in it's place.

• 3 weeks later...