Ultimate Subaru Message Board

looking for info on xt-6

i just bought a black xt-6 the car is well fun to drive i am planning to rebuild the engine soon due to tick of death

i was wondering if any one could give me the origonal factory specs

info i know 2.7 liter 6cyl. n/a 5spd fulltime 4wd sohc

also is it possably to take the turbocharger out of an xt turbo or does anyone make an aftermarket kit

check out http://www.xt6.net if you have XT6 specific questions. there are many XT6 owners here, but that site is probably a little more active in terms of XT6 feedback. though if you want block specifics here is the place to be as well since the EA82 uses the same internals.

ticking is not a big deal, does not require a rebuild. usually requires 20 dollars or less worth of seals. but a rebuild is a nice option if you want to.

there is NO aftermarket support for the XT6. no turbo kits, nothing. it can be done, all custom. be ready for alot of work or finding someone else to do it for you. there is currently one known turbo XT6 running in the US right now that i know of. all custom. many turbo's will work since it's custom.

You better strip it down to the sheet metal then, they are lead sleds. If it wasnt for the 6cyl, it would be like any other 80's Soob (slooooow).

that would be why i bought the xt6 i did a little home work