Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Contacted 4wheel & off road Mag re:WCSS

s'ko

I just called Jerrod Jones feature editor of 4 wheel & Off Road Mag.

told him about WCSS and all of the things that we soob offroaders are doing. He seemed interested. He said that this summer they will be working on the

Ultimate Adventure Challenge but the will see what they can do about going out there. I gave them a link to the WCSS site and to USMB

If they can't do something I will get in contact w/other publications.

National exposure for WCSS? :banana: more pressure to get those rigs nice a purdy..

BW

S'ko,

We have elected you the official promoter of WCSS7.

However, some how, I think we are looked down upon by others in the 4weeling community.

I have to wonder if we could get a good serious write up in the magazine.

It would be cool if we could though? :rolleyes:

S'ko,

We have elected you the official promoter of WCSS7.

However, some how, I think we are looked down upon by others in the 4weeling community.

I have to wonder if we could get a good serious write up in the magazine.

It would be cool if we could though? :rolleyes:

Really depends on who you are talking to. Web wheelers with more money than brains wont give a Subaru the time of day on any grounds; not just offroading. Talk to people out on the trail who are there to have fun offroading more than to impress everyone and you'll find they are glad to see unique vehicles out on the trail enjoying the sport of offroading. As usuall alot of it has to do with education. For example people instantly think all we have is AWD. They are VERY supprised to hear we run Dual Range trannies.

Everyone still thinks they are lesbian mobiles for some reason; no mater who I've talked to :rolleyes: I just tell them all the lesbians drive the newer Subarus now! :lol:

I dont believe I've seen an article from Petersens that would fall in line with whats done at WCSS. GM/Ford/Toyota/Dodge yes, but anything else? Slim to none. It would be cool if they did do something though.

Check out "Off Road Adventures". Published by the guys at 4wpw. They may be more apt to doing a spread. They're always printing things that dont "fall in line" with the other major magazines, but are kickass nonetheless.

http://www.oramagazine.com

I'm the official-unofficial photographer, i've got a spare battery and don't plan on forgetting the charger this year. thats 345 high quality digital pics. unless i get another card, which i might anyway, then its over 700.

has anyone ever tried to get their rigs pic in the readers rides section of 4wheel an offroad mag?

i'd try but it would be a waste of time seeing that it hasn't really seen a trail or anything like that.

it would be truly cool if someone here could get one in the mag.

I contacted 4 wheel magazine a couple years ago. Told them we'd be taking some soobs thru the Rubicon, asked them if they'd do an article. They said no, because their advertisers aim at big rigs only. (not even samurais or toyotas)

They told me they'd put us in their news section with a couple of small photos after we came back from the Rubicon. I didn't follow thru because of the flack we caught on the pirate board.

Subiesport mag will be at the WCSS photograghing, preparing to put us in their mag. They are a sponsor of sorts, so I wouldn't welcome another automobile magazine, including 4wheel or Offroad mag.

well the way i look at it,if they don't want anything to really do with subies.their loss not ours.there are still magazine publishers out there that are just as good if not better.

:-p ->4wheel & offroad mag

p.s. there was one time maybe like 6-7yrs ago i was flipping through a offroader mag.they were covering a tough truck competition an what do they have a pic of?......

i believe it was a 86 brat going off one of the jumps that was on the course.came in 2nd or 3rd.:headbang: can't remember which

Subiesport mag will be at the WCSS photograghing, preparing to put us in their mag. They are a sponsor of sorts, so I wouldn't welcome another automobile magazine, including 4wheel or Offroad mag.

C'mon Eric, be a little more open minded than that. Its ok if more than one rag covers our get together, right?

C'mon Eric, be a little more open minded than that. Its ok if more than one rag covers our get together, right?

Look man. It has to with a trade of favors. Subiesport gets the exclusive and covers us as a trade for advertisement and vendor's booth.

Has noting to do with being open minded.

Hey how about we create a thread of potential offroad magazines, and from there decide which ones would be candidates for subarus.

That would rock:headbang: if we could get magazine coverage. I am pretty good at negotiating (just dont look at my thread on AUSUBARU). I would be interested in contacting some of these companies and talking to them.

JM

Sorry Eric, I didn't realize that it was an exclusive agreement. My bad! :drunk:

Offroad/4WD mags aren't into car shows. As Eric stated, Subysport is and will be the exclusive coverage for this show. Events like Moab, Rubicon and such have not generated any interest by the off-road mags.

If someone wants to contact one of them regarding an off-road event then feel free. However, this is not an off-road event. It is a Subaru car show event.

• 3 weeks later...

I stand corrected. I got a pm from Subiesport Mag.

What we're doing is a standard media trade agreement. We provided a page of advertising for the show in Subiesport #5 in exchange for specific types of presence at the show (booth, banners, etc). I would never discourage getting "external" coverage from the other magazines, as such coverage would benefit Subaru, which ends up as a benefit to us both (future shows and mag).

We are doing a story on the event, but exclusive coverage of the show isn't part of the deal.

I just wanted to clarify that.

Thanks for sharing that Eric. I still doubt we'll get any coverage in an off-road magazine, i think we should shoot for something like Autoweek, Motor Trend, or maybe that classic car magazine (cant remember the name). A general automotive magazine would be easier to get coverage from, since the off-road mag's tailor primarily to Jeeps and Toyota's.

-Brian

i was just at super lifts offroad adventures web site an left feedback about there show.i happened to let it slip about the wcss.mentioned how i'd find their show more interesting if they covered something like that.

now that i think about it,with superlift in the shows name,i'm sure they only cover events put on by superlift.i think it was futile of me to mention the show :confused: