Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Contacted 4wheel & off road Mag re:WCSS

s'ko

For what its worth, i should be taking around 400-800 high res pics at the show, that should give us enough to pick and choose for what magazines we can send pics to.

If you do want to submit a story to another magazine and want to improve your chances of having them run it, I would suggest also doing the following:

- Pick no more than 10 really good shots already re-sized to 300dpi

- Send a .doc file with captions for every photo including the first and last names of people in the shots as well as the make and model of each car. Also include photo credits.

- Send a short article, about 300 words in length, that they can use. Do *not* require any copyright restrictions. Just submit it along with your byline and let them know that they can alter the submission as they see fit. Some mags may build a larger story from a shorter one provided, others may cut it down to 100--but that's still something.

- Include a list of orginizer contacts (email and phone numbers) in case any follow up is necessary. In fact, I would suggest that whoever is putting this together give it to an orginizer to submit to the magazines. Looks more official that way.

Also, this is important, get the article and pics sent within a week (preferrably in a few days) to the magazines you're submitting to. And if sending in "cold," follow-up with an email asking if they received it and if they would like anything else to go with it.

Cheers,

Ryan

- Include a list of orginizer contacts (email and phone numbers) in case any follow up is necessary. In fact, I would suggest that whoever is putting this together give it to an orginizer to submit to the magazines. Looks more official that way.

Cheers,

Ryan

Just not this organizer, I have enough on my plate having to do with this Show. :drunk: I suggest the submitor be the contact.