Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thermo switch replacement....

Hello all,

Is there an another option for replacing the thermo switch that's in the radiator? I'm talking about the one that turns the radiator cooling fan on and off. The one I have is shot, and the parts house wants $23 for a new one. Not a big deal, but if anyone is replacing it with something else I'd be interested in hearing about it.

NV

You can accually get them? Or is that the junk yard? I can't at all. My sister's died too and autozone, napa, pep boys, and checker can't get them. Where did you find them?

That's odd.....the autozone here in Carson said they had one in stock "for some reason.....it's usually a special order item...."

But they want $22 for it. I'm seriously thinking about buying it, because the last 6 I've pulled from the JY have all been bad.....on the other hand I was hoping maybe there was a "universal" one available, maybe something like whatever they use for those generic electric cooling fans kits....

That's odd.....the autozone here in Carson said they had one in stock "for some reason.....it's usually a special order item...."

But they want $22 for it. I'm seriously thinking about buying it, because the last 6 I've pulled from the JY have all been bad.....on the other hand I was hoping maybe there was a "universal" one available, maybe something like whatever they use for those generic electric cooling fans kits....

If you can't get one from the parts places, usually the gal at South Shore Motors can get it, and I've had good luck with the older stuff being in stock at Lithia in Reno. Stuff Michel Hohl in CC, they're major crooks after they give lousy service and attitude.