Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i heard this from a friend of mine that i got my legacy off of,he told me that apparently sti's gonna be getting a performance upgrade that will bring the hp output up to 380hp.thing is it's only going to england now.wasn't told full details though,will have to check with S.O.A.

maybe there's more info an details there.

HMMM....380hp= :brow::slobber:

well i couldn't find any info about such thing,wondering if info isn't open to public an maybe just to dealerships?the friend i heard it from is friends with a couple guys that work at a couple different dealerships

I dont think that it would be a factory thing. stock subaru gear boxes don't like much more power than standard, i work for a dealer in townsville and as soon as anyone does anything like a chip and/or a turbo upgrade they start to strip the imput shaft and 2nd or 3rd gear. so if this is a factory thing there would have to be a gearbox upgrade or something. but 380hp would be lovely as a stock output. But just as a question we here in OZ dont get the 2.5Ltr WRXs' till next year currently they are still 2.0Ltr so whats the stock output of the 2.5Ltr STIs' current model here has 209Kw. Thats just my .02c

The Impreza "daddy" is the limited edition 22B - which is the old body style. That pumped out 350bhp from 2.2 litres, running 100 Octane.

The new STi will be using the 2.5 litre engine. Currently as seen in the Forester it develops 211bhp running 95 Octane.

If I may now stray into pure guesswork:

The Original Impreza Turbo had 208bhp. The same engine when installed in the Forester had 177bhp. Based on that ratio the 2.5 liter Turbo installed in the coming Impreza will develop ca. 250bhp.

The standard WRX to STi ratio, is currently 225bhp to 265bhp. Meaning that a new STi would run 295bhp. Mapping for 100 Octane would yield how much?

On the gearbox thing, the 2004 model STi's have an oil pump in the gearbox! I reckon that Subaru have finally realise that their gearboxes need some improvements.

On the gearbox thing, the 2004 model STi's have an oil pump in the gearbox! I reckon that Subaru have finally realise that their gearboxes need some improvements.

Oh Thank God, we are realy starting to get sick of people trying to put a couple of hundred extra Hp through the standard gearbox then woundering why they are stripping gears and blaming it on a week gearbox. the OZ spec gearboxes can be floged all day behind a stock engine and never have a problem.

I don't know about 380 horses, but it is true that subaru UK have come up with a wizard wheeze to flog more units. Subies aren't selling too well here in blighty,mainly due to very poor fuel consumption,and no real need for AWD. Acouple of years ago ,they lopped 15% off list prices-just like that! Now buyers get a free prodrive performance pack. An extra 15-20%,with all the associated brake/suspension goodies.Which would you prefer? That or 380 horses?

Yes, Brumby Boy, I see what you mean.

However, my EJ22 engined Legacy ate it's bearings by 110k miles. No tuning.

My present EJ20 Impreza, non-Turbo has developed a nasty crunch when shifting into 3rd from 2nd. Also, a long standing Subaru fault. (62k miles)