Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rrfpr for my ER27TT project?

Gravityman

you wont need a rising rate regulator, if you build your system for boost. you will use a 3 bar map sensor(most likely) so you dont have to trick your computer into giving the motor the fuel it needs. it will know its getting boosted, and give more fuel accordingly, by adjusting pulse width, not the fuel pressure.

with megasquirt you wont need it.

if you stay with stock computer, buy it, cuz you'll NEED it =]

If you could get a fuel controller, use it. You could control your fuel injectors at a specific rpm. So if you fuel pressure is a little to high for low end boost, you can taper back how far your fuel injectors flow with the fuel controller.

I have been unsuccessful trying to get two different fuel controllers to work (Hyper fuel SFC and Apexi SAFC). If you could get the Apexi SAFC to work, that would be great. I had trouble setting the correct Sensor Calc and Sensor Number settings. No-one could help me, including Apexi USA and Japan.

Only do these things if you get a higher flowing fuel pump and fuel injectors that are not more than 277cc. I pick 277cc because it is up to 50% higher than the stock 185cc XT6 fuel injector. Beyond that would be outside the realm of your fuel controller.

I have been reading up on the MS and I am looking in to the megasquirt/jolt edis, Has anyone added edis to their XT6 succesfully?

As far as the stock fuel injection setup what is the problem with the fuel mapping? I heard that at some point in the RPM range the injectors flow constantly open. I already know the injectors are inadiquate. Some insight please? Is the biggest problem going lean at high revs?