Ultimate Subaru Message Board

She shoots.........She scores !!!!

Yes I had a great day at the salvage yard. I was walking through the foreign cars section and what do I see but a blue 83 Brat before my eyes. Yes folks it's true, there she was pretty as a picture. I went through it pretty well and found a mirror, interior light etc.... This brat has an EA81 in it with d/r tranny. Would that fit in my 1980 EA71 Brat?

It gets better, hold on to your hats. Just when I thought I was done for the day the owner comes to me and tells me that he was getting ready to crush 2 more Brats !!! Noooooooooooooooooooooo I say to him.I will go back down first thing Monday to do a full inspection and post in case you guys and gals need anything.By the way the first Brat is Blue inside too.

Ok so now I know my day couldn,t get any better but it does !!!As I was leaving I spotted something out of the corner of my eye, could it be true? Is that a Peugeot I see?? Yes, yes it is. A beautiful 1991 505 with all wheels and tires intact, alloy with perfect center caps and a spare tire too. Whew, this was truly a Soobie Do Da Day!!! If anyone wants me to look for parts for you let me know before Monday morning. Thanks Trudy:brow:

Trudy,

Wow! You are sooooo lucky! Seats, I'm looking for tan. Also the window cranks, and lock surrounds in tan. Exterior badging. Can you check the bumpers? Mostly the rear. I also need the wide trim molding off the bottom and the clips. The skinny body trim that runs halfway up. Complete hood latch cable end to end.

Thanks!

Mary

Mary, which Brat are you looking for parts for the Gen 1 or 2 ?

Gen2. Any year 83 and up will go. Oh, a low roll bar, A bar in front and an antenna. The list goes on! This is a very exciting find! There's a yard in Mass. that swears they have 3 Brats way in the back... they are clearing out and have my number to call when they find them. It's a closed yard, so they won't let me go in to look for them :(

you may have to slip a twenty to parts man to let you "take a walk back". I found the only tools I've needed was a screw driver with multi tips in the handle, adjustable wrench , robo grips and a plastic bag to lay on.

Trudy,you RULE!!!

See,it must be good karma from the '82 wagon deal you gave.;)

oooh Ooh, I need the chrome trim that goes around the front bumper on a Gen 2. I have an '85 with pretty much everything but thats the only piece I know of that I'm missing. I might also take the body side moldings (black plastic pieces on the sides) if the chrome on them is in good shape. Hope I'm not too late but I figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks!