Ultimate Subaru Message Board

attn: Megasquirt/EDIS peeps...

WJM

Ok...its time for it...finally.

thinking of going with the http://www.rs-autosport.com/ kit, and finding a EDIS 'kit' and finally doing full standalone engine management for either the RX or the GL-10.

Ive got all I need to tune the car once everything is hooked up. Doug at Top Speed is a Master AEM Tech/Tuner and knows how to tune anything. We've got a Dynojet AWD dyno with a wideband.

Whats the littel secrets? ;)

On my justy and ER-27 I have found that taking little steps and seeing what all it affects will make it way quicker in the long run. Also remeber were you started so when you go the wrong way it is easy to go back. I would say go with the wideband O2 if you can afford it.

Matt

wow, thats a nice site! I, like a few people, have not a clue about MS&EDIS and how it works when it comes to the board and how to make it. I probably can figure out the software but I'm not a computer genius. I would need someone to help me pick out the right one for my mods and help me get set up...

I'm gonna look into that site more, thanks Will!

Once I get working for summer break and I get a couple $ stashed away, a MS kit will be in my future along with some Delta cams. So some more MS info/success would be even more motivation.

Will, i recall a few days back you mentioned something like Datsun 450 injectors are direct fit... could you elaborate on that please.

-Matt

they are turbo datsun/nissan 280z or what not injectors from the later 70's early 80's turbo z cars...they are direct fit, but the ECU needs to be tuned to use the injector's flow rating for them to work at optimal levels like we wold want (good MPGs, good idle, proper spray at said RPM/load/boost/etc...)...

however, looks like EVO injectors are near direct fit. I will be investigating this as soon as my engine is pulled out.