Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So,they destroyed your evidence,eh???;)

Well,I know I had a 2 and 4WD 1975 wagon side by side and I compared them.For sure,they're different.

THose drum cyclinders were just on ebay a couple of weeks ago.I know I have some buried away.THe liners are on eBay right now,or just ended.Check "completed items" if you search.

My little sticker only states not to engage over 50mph or while cornering. Does that mean it shouldn't be driven over 50mph in 4WD? Not that my yellow %$#^* will ever get over 50mph, let alone in 4WD

i wouldn't do it... and think... if you feel you need the 4WD engaged when going that fast then you should probably be driving slower...

just my thoughts...

The very 1st 4WD that Subaru offered was in the 1972 Station Wagons. 1975 Might be when they were imported to the US, but FHI themselfs say it's so :-p

FHI History 1970-1979

The 1st Brat was introduced in 1977 and all brats from production start to production end were 4WD. There are some very rare Gen1 Brats overseas offered as 2WD but mostly for delivery and hauling.

-Brian

USDM 1975 model year

JDM 1972 model year

Subaru started developing the 4wd tranny in 1970 and debuted it in the 1972 model year

here are some cool pics :)

249LEONE-V2.jpg

249LEONE-V1.jpg

249my_car_with_knobies.jpg

249ab-hi-1972-pic-002_1_.jpg

Very very cool!!! :banana::banana::banana: Look at the aggressive tread on those tires! Also, check out the two drip pans on the floor, I guess oil leaks are nothing new.

ps- in what city is the Subaru museum locted?

• 3 weeks later...
The very 1st 4WD that Subaru offered was in the 1972 Station Wagons. 1975 Might be when they were imported to the US, but FHI themselfs say it's so :-p

The 1st Brat was introduced in 1977 and all brats from production start to production end were 4WD. There are some very rare Gen1 Brats overseas offered as 2WD but mostly for delivery and hauling.

-Brian

You are correct, first 4WD 'Rus were introduced in late '74 as a '75 model in the USA. The Brat was introduced in '76 at the time of the change from stage 1 type to stage 2 as a '77 model. There is such a thing as a Stage 1 1976 'Ru and a Stage 2 1976 'Ru. Stage 1 has the body lines of the '75 and earlier models and Stage 2 has the body lines of '77 thru '79 (Brat thru '81)..... Gary

You are correct, first 4WD 'Rus were introduced in late '74 as a '75 model in the USA. The Brat was introduced in '76 at the time of the change from stage 1 type to stage 2 as a '77 model. There is such a thing as a Stage 1 1976 'Ru and a Stage 2 1976 'Ru. Stage 1 has the body lines of the '75 and earlier models and Stage 2 has the body lines of '77 thru '79 (Brat thru '81)..... Gary
uhhhhh psssst it's 77 not 76 cause 77 was the same as the 76 untill half way through the year then it went to stage 2 and the 76 4wd never looked like the 75 (look at mine then look at skunkaroo's)