Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NV To WCSS Caravan Thread...

OK, I know it's a little early for this, but this'll give us plenty of time to discuss our travel plans.

NorCal members, you are of course welcome.

Here's what I was thinking: leave the Ranch about 5 or 6 in the morning Thursday, join with a few members near Reno. Continue up 395 to Susanville, north on 139 (turns into 39 in Oregon) to Klamath. North on US97, west on 58 to Eugene. Overnight there, probably join more members Friday morning, and I-5 north (the rest is self explanatory) to WCSS.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are going to overnight in Eugene? I was going to try to get further before I crashed... but Eugene to Oly isnt long... maybe I'll catch up with you guys there.

-Brian

Yeah Brian, I figure it worked well when we overnighted in Eugene for 3, especially when we met up Friday morning for the "big caravan" north to Thurston. We'll see how it shakes out.

(turns into 39 in Oregon) to Klamath.

Wave on the way by!

Still not sure if I can go yet, but if I can, I may stay at my parents up on Mt. Hood, and make the final trip from there.

However, if you want to stretch your legs on the way by... I have plenty of parking here :-)

We left eugene at 7am and arived at Olympia around 2pm. Im thinking I want to be at the show earlier than 2pm :) So i might be sleeping overnight in portland.

Of course... if theres going to be a huge caravan crashed in Eugene I see no reason to pass you guys by :) We'll see what happens.

-Brian

We left eugene at 7am and arived at Olympia around 2pm. Im thinking I want to be at the show earlier than 2pm :) So i might be sleeping overnight in portland.

Of course... if theres going to be a huge caravan crashed in Eugene I see no reason to pass you guys by :) We'll see what happens.

-Brian

Hmmm..I thought we arrived at Oly around 11.30 or noon, seemed like a good arrival time.

Hmmm..I thought we arrived at Oly around 11.30 or noon, seemed like a good arrival time.
Yea, I was thinking the same thing, It should be less then a 5 hour drive from Eugene to Olympia, leaving at 7 AM would put you in there at noon at the latest.

Right now, I'm thinking of heading up WAY early and hanging out up there for half a day or so. I have to pick up a Brat camper in Sacramento for a member so I think I'll do that wednesday morning, then drive up to portland that day and seeing what to do from there.

JB if you want to wait until Thursday morning or Wednesday Night to take off... you and I could leave sacramento at the same time. Since you do have to come to my house to get the shell.

I believe i got thurs-tues off so I could leave as early as 7pm Wednesday night. If you can keep up we should be able to make it to Weed to crash and then thursday morning take off for portland.

-Brian

Well Dave it looks like its just us leaving from Nevada. I usually take 395 to 44 to 89 and that pops out in Shasta and I take 5 the rest of the way.

But.... I may have to pick up Scott in Chico. So I'm really not sure whats going on yet. I'll keep you all posted.

Well Dave it looks like its just us leaving from Nevada. I usually take 395 to 44 to 89 and that pops out in Shasta and I take 5 the rest of the way.

But.... I may have to pick up Scott in Chico. So I'm really not sure whats going on yet. I'll keep you all posted.

I think the way Dave was talking about is shorter, I've driven both routes several times from Reno, I'm sure the Kalamath is the shorts, it definately is the straightest in direction.

I think the way Dave was talking about is shorter, I've driven both routes several times from Reno, I'm sure the Kalamath is the shorts, it definately is the straightest in direction.

What I'm shooting for is not only the shortest route, but the coolest ambient temperature route (my rig has no AC). I figure any route that goes through National Forests will be high elevation and have lots of tall trees. That route seems to be best.

Jeremy, maybe Scott can meet at your place, and we can leave from there?

(CA I-5 =ugh!)

If you guys are all going to meet up in Portland, I can crash nearby. Last time I was there, the morning commute hour crossing town was a nightmare..I was thinking of maybe overnighting on the Vancouver side to avoid the mess, and meeting the caravan there.

If you guys are all going to meet up in Portland, I can crash nearby. Last time I was there, the morning commute hour crossing town was a nightmare..I was thinking of maybe overnighting on the Vancouver side to avoid the mess, and meeting the caravan there.

Yeah that’s an idea. There is an extended stay and a few other hotels next to my old apartment off the 205 in Vancover. Take the Mill Plain exit to Chkalov and its right across from Freddy’s. In the morning we can dump right on the 205 which intercepts i5. I dunno just an idea.

Yeah there is a best western next to the mall I might go for. I think Ill share with Amanda!

Yeah, I was thinking of getting one of those 2 or 3 bedroom suites at someplace like a Residence Inn..free breakfst. Possibly lower cost if we split, nicer hotel is bonus:) .