Ultimate Subaru Message Board

justy questions

rabbitnutz

hello all.

i have latey been in the market for an older subaru, at first i wanted a brat, mainly because they are awesome, but lately a friend of mine has offered me the chance to buy his justy, and i've been thinking about it mor eand more.

it's a 1988 justy RS. 4wd and all that jazz. and i've been wondering what it would take to get some good wheel travel to make it a decent rally beater/fun car. i was thinking maybe a couple inches of lift, and some aggressive all terrain type tires, but i am not to sure. i have searched the forums real quick, and saw a couple pics of a white justy lifted beast which were incredible.

so can anyone recomend a good lift kit, or a way to go about lifting it up a bit to get some good suspension travel for a rally X ?

TIA, Nick.

Nick,

Not sure who makes a lift kit for a Justy but...

Put a 2" piece of square tubing between every place that the suspension and drive train touch the chassis and you'll be lifted before you know it.

Someone up in the northwest put ATV tires on a Justy? Dunno who it was or if they are a board member here or not but it can be done.

Good Luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

so it all the other lifts are for the brats, and other subaru, just basic body lifts ? are the suspension components that will come into play ? i've heard froma few people that there will be major camber issues to sort out after lifting, and to leave it stock.

i wonder what springs and struts from a GL wagon would loook like, or if they would even fit an 88 justy...