Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More Rallycross events for the NorthWest**REVISED SCHEDULE**

:) Two more events at the Brooklyn, WA site (I guess by NW Region). The first one would be a double header weekend with the ORG event on Sunday to NWR's event on Saturday. Unfortunately this conflicts with the Rally Cross School scheduled for the same weekend. Anyway, here's all I have:

Just a blurb to inform anyone who doesn't know, there will be rally crosses Saturday, June 25th, and Saturday, July 30th at the Brooklyn site. Free camping is available next to the Tavern on Friday or Sat nights. There is a large covered area in case of rain, and a brick cooking thingy for BBQ. For more info, contact wyndriver@olynet.com Thanks, Janice D

I'll probably do both, but I was hoping to do the rally cross school again...that was too much fun. But aside from that, it's less than two hours drive for you from Portland and about 2-1/2 hours for me from here. Where I think they'll have trouble is that ORG and NWR often share workers on their separate events; I don't see that happening on the 25th.

Yeah that conflict dose suck

it's less than two hours drive for you from Portland

I don't know where you got that info because it's more like 2-1/2 to 3 from Portland. My grandmother lives about 10 miles or so from there so I've made that trip plenty of times.

Sorry, Craig; I made my estimate based on the fact it's exit 88 off I-5 (i.e. 88 miles north of the Oregon/Washington border) and then about 15 miles west. I-5 is strange. It's only 180 south for me to get to Portland, but I can seldom make it in less than 4 hours.

I don't know where you got that info because it's more like 2-1/2 to 3 from Portland. My grandmother lives about 10 miles or so from there so I've made that trip plenty of times.

I hope as many people that can make it will. If there isn't enough response to their events then they may not have them. I knew of the possibility of a July event but not a June event. I had not planned to do the school this time so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll just need to take Friday night off from work I guess.

Some info from Janice D.

tech and registration will start at 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Drivers meeting will be at 9:45, and first car out at 10:00. After that, the schedule will depend on the amount of entries. I am going to try and post the info soon on www.historicbrooklyntavern.com If you need more info, give me a yell. Janice D

I sent a reply asking if there would be an afternoon tech/registration similar to ORG. More info at the website she suggested and when she replies.

Here is the reply regarding tech and such.

I am only going to do tech and registration in the morning. I am pretty much organizing this by myself, and I prefer to have everything done at once, and I know my main tech guy is also going to compete. Tech is going to be at the Brooklyn Tavern area. . In case of inclement weather, we have a covered area there for the registration, and if necessary, could even do Tech under cover. The competition site is about 1/4 mile down the road from there. At the last rally cross I went to in ORG, they actually had the morning competitors, after their last run, go straight out to cover an assigned worker position, which resulted in a quick turn-around for afternoon classes. The sooner we get done, the more tavern time everyone gets. Last year, that was half the fun!

Just a note to your Subaru people. This course is probably not as "smooth" as some may have been. I did have a couple people last year opt not to compete in their "pretty street cars", as they felt the course may have been too rough. There is ample opportunity to "throw" the car, if the desire arises. Last year I had people go out and drive the course at a slow speed BEFORE

teching, so they could determine if they wanted to run or not. This year, if I have a couple people to monitor the course, I will give the option of doing the same. Janice

So, being there early will be a requirement.

I ran this course last year...it was my favorite event.

The event is put on by a few individuals not an organization so if anybody can offer to help Janice before or during the event (competitors of course but others too), she would surely appreciate it. It's located in the woods, far from civilization, the drive to get ther is almost as much fun as the rally, the road there is the same road they run the historic Brooklyn Rally Stage on each year, there is a great tavern there that Ray and Janice own so cooling off after the rally is no problem and there is lots of rally history there and great stories. She is inviting people to camp there for the weekend, I would do this if it wasn't for the Sunday race in Oregon but plan on it for the July event, we can have a bash.

I like the course because it's different. It's not flat, there are a lot of changes in elevation that make it fun, more like a rally. Also the ground is Clay which make a great racing surface and it holds up well. The course design last time was awesome and I'm sure it will be good this time around too. The course seemed rough at first glance but I would say it looked a lot worse than it really was. It's not as smooth as Hillsboro but 100 times better than PIR. Probably fine for anything but a lowered street machine (watch the front spoiler, run at your own risk)

I would love to see more Rallys here. We met the old timer last year that allowed the rally on his farm, a very nice guy. Anybody that is so inclined might bring him some cookies or a six pack, something to show our appreciation but at the very least, say hello and let him know that you appreciate him allowing the use of his property. Also, if your not in too much of a hurry, spend a little time and money at the tavern, it's worth it. A lot of rally history there, a lot of rally heros have hoisted beers there, even visited by Travis Pastrama (motocross pro and budding rally star) and Christian Egstrom (2003 USA Pro Rally #2 co-driver) a couple weeks ago. Be sure and thank Janice and Ray also for sponsoring and coordinating the event, as well as the SCCA folks and other volunteers. I know this goes without saying but please drive safe and sane off the course and pick up any litter you see laying around.

They are limiting entries, so sign up now if you want to race.

If anybody wants to caravan from I-5 we can meet near Rochester exit 88 and drive up together, North and Southbound folks could meet there. If there is a response we can work out the details.

Thanks to Qman for sending me an entry form.

Mark, what time were you planning on meeting at exit 88? My entry is in the mail and I'll plan on getting there fairly early. I'm not going down the night before since a two hour plus drive down before the event isn't going to tax me that badly.

I ran this course last year...it was my favorite event.

The event is put on by a few individuals not an organization so if anybody can offer to help Janice before or during the event (competitors of course but others too), she would surely appreciate it. It's located in the woods, far from civilization, the drive to get ther is almost as much fun as the rally, the road there is the same road they run the historic Brooklyn Rally Stage on each year, there is a great tavern there that Ray and Janice own so cooling off after the rally is no problem and there is lots of rally history there and great stories. She is inviting people to camp there for the weekend, I would do this if it wasn't for the Sunday race in Oregon but plan on it for the July event, we can have a bash.

I like the course because it's different. It's not flat, there are a lot of changes in elevation that make it fun, more like a rally. Also the ground is Clay which make a great racing surface and it holds up well. The course design last time was awesome and I'm sure it will be good this time around too. The course seemed rough at first glance but I would say it looked a lot worse than it really was. It's not as smooth as Hillsboro but 100 times better than PIR. Probably fine for anything but a lowered street machine (watch the front spoiler, run at your own risk)

I would love to see more Rallys here. We met the old timer last year that allowed the rally on his farm, a very nice guy. Anybody that is so inclined might bring him some cookies or a six pack, something to show our appreciation but at the very least, say hello and let him know that you appreciate him allowing the use of his property. Also, if your not in too much of a hurry, spend a little time and money at the tavern, it's worth it. A lot of rally history there, a lot of rally heros have hoisted beers there, even visited by Travis Pastrama (motocross pro and budding rally star) and Christian Egstrom (2003 USA Pro Rally #2 co-driver) a couple weeks ago. Be sure and thank Janice and Ray also for sponsoring and coordinating the event, as well as the SCCA folks and other volunteers. I know this goes without saying but please drive safe and sane off the course and pick up any litter you see laying around.

They are limiting entries, so sign up now if you want to race.

If anybody wants to caravan from I-5 we can meet near Rochester exit 88 and drive up together, North and Southbound folks could meet there. If there is a response we can work out the details.

Thanks to Qman for sending me an entry form.

There is a gas station just west of the offramp, maybe chevron? Right at the light and follow it around, there some empty gravel there to park on, gas and snacks. I can be there at 6:45/7:00 if we leave by 7:15 should be fine.

Here's the latest info.

Please Note: This is a TENTATIVE Event Schedule

• Morning Session: G2, G5, Production, Truck/ SUV classes
  • 08:00 – 9:00 Technical Inspection/Registration Location: 2050 North River Road, Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 09:15 Drivers Meeting Location 2697 North River Rd. Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 09:30 Parade Lap
  • 09:45 First Car Out 12:00 ? Lunch Break (after morning classes runs completed)
  • Afternoon session: Production GT & Open classes
  • 12:00- 13:00. Afternoon Technical Inspection/Registration 2050 North River Rd. Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 13:15 Drivers Meeting Location 2697 North River Rd. Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 13:30 Parade Lap
  • 14:45 First Car Out
  • 16:00 ? Finish/Awards (as soon as afternoon classes runs are completed)

More info can be found at http://www.historicbrooklyntavern.com/

The rallycross school will be June 24th (evening), all day on the 25, and a rallycross on the 26th. It will be at the Red Lion Inn, Hillsboro, OR. Contact Paul Eklund at Primitive Racing. I think the fee is $150 or the weekend and includes the entry fee for the rallycross. I'll get you a better address as soon as I find it.

Here's the link to the previous RallyCross school last March. Except for the date changes, the info is pretty much the same as the last one. It should be better since I think there will be a lower turnout since it's rather poorly publicized this time.

http://bbs.subiesport.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=10&day=2005-3-20&c=1

Here's some pics I found from the last one (I hope you have broadband; a 56K modem will drive you crazy):

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=128896

I was hoping to do the rally cross school again...

For a new "kid" on the block, can you direct me to the info on the "rally cross school"? When, Where, etc............Thanks much.

Terry

The rallycross school will be June 24th (evening), all day on the 25, and a rallycross on the 26th. It will be at the Red Lion Inn, Hillsboro, OR. Contact Paul Eklund at Primitive Racing. I think the fee is $150 or the weekend and includes the entry fee for the rallycross. I'll get you a better address as soon as I find it.]

Thanks. I appreciate the info; and, with the contact person and ph number listed, I've got everything I need.

The "dirty" pix were uh......."good fun?" I can see that I'm going to have to take this more slowly than I thought. I can't imagine doing that to one of my cars. I wonder if I have the temperment for this??? Time for a reality check!

Terry

You can always come out and watch; even ride with some competitors; you can get close to the action by volunteering to shag cones and such.

The rallycross school will be June 24th (evening), all day on the 25, and a rallycross on the 26th. It will be at the Red Lion Inn, Hillsboro, OR. Contact Paul Eklund at Primitive Racing. I think the fee is $150 or the weekend and includes the entry fee for the rallycross. I'll get you a better address as soon as I find it.]

Thanks. I appreciate the info; and, with the contact person and ph number listed, I've got everything I need.

The "dirty" pix were uh......."good fun?" I can see that I'm going to have to take this more slowly than I thought. I can't imagine doing that to one of my cars. I wonder if I have the temperment for this??? Time for a reality check!

Terry

Morning session: Group 2, Production, Truck/SUV

Technical Inspection/Registration 08:00- 9:00

Drivers Meeting 09:15

Parade Lap- immediately following Drivers Meeting

First Car Out- immediately following Parade Lap

Afternoon Session: Group 5, Production GT, Open

(Please Note) The afternoon session activities MAY be slightly delayed, depending on number of vehicles entered in the morning session. Be patient. Have fun.

Technical Inspection/Registration 12:00-13:00

Drivers Meeting 13:15

Parade Lap immediately following Drivers Meeting

First Car Out immediately following Parade Lap

(more info can be found at www.historicbrooklyntavern.com ) Thanks, looking forward to seeing those who can make it. Janice D