Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Ultimate Off-Road Song!

TheSubaruJunkie

Was playing with this new MP3 service I got and Im going through the Jethro Tull Collection. While sampling one of my favorite songs I start listening to other songs on the album and one I come across is titled "4.W.D. (Low Ratio)". I queued it up and am listening to it now. Kinda hard to make out what Ian Anderson is saying but I found the lyrics online.

http://www.davemcnally.com/lyrics/JethroTull/4WD(LOWRATIO).asp

I could probably share the MP3 too.... gimme a sec to put it somewhere. :)

-Brian

Not many can stand Jethro Tull... but for the few of us who can, here's the song :)4wd.mp3

Was playing with this new MP3 service I got and Im going through the Jethro Tull Collection. While sampling one of my favorite songs I start listening to other songs on the album and one I come across is titled "4.W.D. (Low Ratio)". I queued it up and am listening to it now. Kinda hard to make out what Ian Anderson is saying but I found the lyrics online.

http://www.davemcnally.com/lyrics/JethroTull/4WD(LOWRATIO).asp

I could probably share the MP3 too.... gimme a sec to put it somewhere. :)

-Brian

Not many can stand Jethro Tull... but for the few of us who can, here's the song :)4wd.mp3

I love Jethro Tull, but have never heard of that song. Thanks for pointing it out. :D

sounds like someone should send an email to someone and find out

Right... like someone's actually going to send an email or otherwise contact Ian Anderson to see if he wrote a song about a Subaru. On second thought, it's worth a shot. I sent a letter to Robert Moog (the synthesizer guy) asking him how to build my own synthesizer. He sent me a lot of technical manuals and got me started on my electrical engineering hobby.

In the Lyrics he mentions the car having 4WD. And with Low Ratio, there arent many Options out there for Dual Range 4WD Cars in 1980 :brow:

-Brian

could have been one of those AMC Eagle things? Jethro Tull is an English band, I wonder what 4lo cars were available in the UK in 1980....

could have been one of those AMC Eagle things? Jethro Tull is an English band, I wonder what 4lo cars were available in the UK in 1980....

Man I hate AMC Eagles, but mainly because they are the ugliest thing I have ever seen. On the other hand I have had the same thing said about my BRAT, so just a matter of opinion I guess. Can anyone else think of the ugliest car? (in there own opinion)

Man I hate AMC Eagles, but mainly because they are the ugliest thing I have ever seen. On the other hand I have had the same thing said about my BRAT, so just a matter of opinion I guess. Can anyone else think of the ugliest car? (in there own opinion)

uglier car = AMC matador? Pontiac Aztek? Subaru Tribecca :lol:?

I kinda like the Eagles, but then again I have an affinity for ugly cars I guess.. But I prefer the two door hatchback eagles to the wagons, but they are basically Jeeps with car bodies, a lot of the off road crap for the older Jeeps will work on 'em. Although I saw a BAD %*%*%$ING A%*%* 4x4 car at the car show at Wyotech:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/356462835/356469881WifObD

and this one (IT was even turbo!)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/356462835/356475043sLNFfj

I would have say that my all time wheeling theme would have to be Kid Rocks Hillbilly Stomp. Beginning of it goes like this:

The rednect originator rollin' in my pickup, Truck jacked up with the fourgold shocks , And where i could from, mud flaps come stock.

That and it's a pretty good song, not slow like most of those other ones, and when I'm wheelin, it ain't very slow (unless I'm in .25 gear).