Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PK lift install, not so bad!

pyromanic

Whew! It's done! That wasn't as bad as I had feared. Took me two days, working alone. Pulled the boat out of the boat shed so to have shade, and cover from thunder storms.

From all the reading I did before PK's lift kit got here, I figured It might be tough for a novice, but do-able. Then when I unpacked it, I got pretty scared. Parts not really ID'd for crap, pretty skimpy instructions. But what the heck, had to go for it.

Yupper, lining things up in front is probably the toughest part. Untill ya get things going. Then it gets easier. And for what goes where, it does become self explanatory as you go, but ya got to stop and think.

I did indeed strip one hole and bolt. Had to drill and tap.

Rear was easier, but jeeze, some of those pieces do not go where the diagram shows. Period. Well, just in one spot. But since it's physically impossible for them to fit like the diagram, again, just had to stop and look and think. It became obvious.

And wow! What a difference! I love sitting up higher! Handles better too, but I suppose thats because I replaced the old worn out strutts and coil-overs with not used up ones.

Like where the shifter sits lower too.

Now just need my 15 inch rims from Shady, tires, Weber, (or figure out the FI swap, and I'm set.

Pyro

Wewt another lifted subaru! Only thing tough about installing a BYB kit is if you have lots of rusty bolts to contend with! :lol:

Yup I'd bet that would be horrible. These high desert Eastern Oregon Soobs, lots of them have Zero rust. All three of mine, no rust at all. I was also fortunate that much engine work had been done before I bought it with a shot auto trans. So for both the tranny swap and the lift install, no grease or oil! She was clean underneath. Couldn't believe my good luck, rarely do I get to work on a clean car!

Pyro