Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LSD conversion Question

subieman

I'm almost done with my 3.7-3.9 LSD conversion. I'm ready to install the LSD inners into the open diff case. I know I need to ground down something in the case. I'm not quite sure what I need to grind. Are the circled tabs what needs to be removed? I just want to check before I do something stupid.

17lsd2.jpg

Thanks,

Hey Jeremy,

Those are the spots. You really only need to do one side for clearance. If you insert the LSD unit you will see where to grind. You may hit the holes without any ill-effects. The bolts will seal it up just fine. As a matter of fact the LSD case enters the holes somewhat also.

Good luck.

wait, you've got the right spots circled, and Ken's right about only needing to grind on one side (the right side in the pic) but I wonder if you mean grinding on the stub holes on the side? that's what came to mind first, and you actually need only to grind a little off of two spots on the inside of the main opening. like ken said, if you start inserting the chunk, you will see where it rubs. i didn't want you to ruin the diff case :)