Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat < XT6 Frame Swap

Gravityman

Well for a longer and wider wheel base. The wheel base is 4 inches wider and 2 inches longer then a brat. More stable when lifted.

What would be required? Would it be ridiculous? Am I crazy to even think of this? I know people have done crazier swaps!

Well, the distance between the where the crossmember bolts up to the lower control arms on the brat is 23" and on the XT6 it is 25". So I would imagine the other 2 inches are picked up in the control arms. SO on a conversion you would be picking up a total of 2", one on each side. I know one inch extra probably wont matter too much on the width. I just hope that the extra 2 inches in the length would allow me to cut the back part of the rear fender so I dont have to cut into the hidden step when I go to a bigger tire.

For the front of the car, you will need to change: Struts, lower control arms, spindles, brakes (calipers, rotors), hubs, and tie rod ends.

For the rear, you will need: Backing plates, hubs, and rotors.

The wheel base is 4 inches wider and 2 inches longer then a brat. More stable when lifted.

what do you need that for?

i am not the hardest core off roader , but i do like to go as fast as i can when i am in 4 wheel.and let me tell you it is not that easy to lose your center in one of these things.even on grades that have hardcore angles it proves difficult.so why i ask, would you want to go and do something like this?

As far as the Q about the ER27TT I am in the process of building it up. I am working out all the subsystems to try to get them to work in harmony before I just slap it together and destroy everything.

And the one about the lift, It was more or less an idea I figure the XT6 has a more stable setup. That coupled with the light weight of the brat it would be even better. Like I said an idea.

I would suggest crawling underneath both and taking a good long look at whats really going on under there. You'll quickly realize why there will be no swaping of a frame ;) You'll also come up with a far better plan of how to get the XT6 running gear onto your Brat.

When you are planing all those fancy sub systems also factor in how you are going to fit a Twin Turbo ER27 into the engine bay of a Brat. An NA ER27 barely fits into a hatchback. Placement of two turbos under there will have to be clever.

Good luck.