Ultimate Subaru Message Board

has anyone thought of..

TurboSPFI

has anyone flipped their rear diff bracked upside-down?

go out to your car.. and see if you agree with me

1. Diff bracket is "W" shaped almost...

2. Where diff mounts to bracket on diff is roughly same height of where they hang off the hangers

3. If you flipped the bracket upsidedown, it'd become a "M" instead of a "W" in theory

Pretty rare that mud is going to be JUST deep enough that your diff hanger is dragging but your unibody isnt.Whenever I'm in mud its upto the floor boards and higher; flipped upside down the diff hanger would still drag ;) All the drag against the unibody surface and pushing against the front is far worse than the diff hanger.

• 2 weeks later...
from what i understand any differant angles on the diff and it'll start wearing out the bearings inside. so i'm sure flipping the diff would screw up the lubrication of the inside. but that's my 2 cents.

the hanger, not the diff.

Good to see you on the board again anyway.

the hanger, not the diff.

Good to see you on the board again anyway.

I think what he's pointing out is the diff will sit at an angle if you just flip it. YOu'd have to drill new holes to line the diff horizontal again.

I still think it's unecessary to flip it over :)

from what i understand any differant angles on the diff and it'll start wearing out the bearings inside. so i'm sure flipping the diff would screw up the lubrication of the inside. but that's my 2 cents.

hahaha that makes you go in reverse!_!

i looked at mine, briefly, doenst look like its gonna work. if it did, i dont think id do it, it would stick the diff way up.

I like it hangin low! cuz thats how i roll.

boy.. i sure do hate those pesky rocks... especially when they're attached to the ground... nothing worse than getting high centered on one of those...

the medium sized rocks can suck too... when they get stuck in your stearing gears :rolleyes: