Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GSR Pics !!

The car shown is a1972 and they stopped in 74. The 72 was different to the later models and much rearer. The US got the coupe in a GL model I think. You may have to confirm that with Paul. They had a 1400cc motor with twin carbs and in the 72 a staged cam. Front wheel drive only.

Hey cool looking Subaru. I'm not familiar with the GSR. Looks imported. what model years did they make the GSR and were they imported to the U.S.A? Which engine and drivetrain did they run? Please tell us more about the GSR.

• 2 weeks later...

All the parts you want are very hard to get and almost impossible. I was lucky enough to get parts I needed off a damaged 74GSR. But the rear lights and front are different but I still managed to get what I needed from a wrecker who is restoring a 74GFT hardtop and has heaps of old parts. Rubbers are the hardest to find in good condition. The turn lens for the 73 is the same as the DL1400 sedans except they had part of the lens clear on some models for park lights. But in saying that I can most likely get the lens and assembly without to much trouble but you are over there and it may cost to much to send the parts over. I am still looking for wing morriors for Elad.

Hey there subgsr I have a 73'gl & a 78'gf I was wondering if you knew where I would be able to find rubber seals for the windows & doors? I'm also in need of frt. turn lens & or assy.