Ultimate Subaru Message Board

daily driver lifted subarus?

archemitis

not tryin to start a brag war here, just wondering how many of you daily drive your lifted soobs.

i figure i put about 800 miles on a week, in my lifted one. since its summer i drive the motorcycle more lately, but even lifted and beaten offroad, it still gets me to work... almost all the time... and only partly dangerously.

Im doing anywhere from 300 to 600 miles a week in my subaru. Its not dangerous, its just loud when the tires start rolling.

AA_Image015.jpg

not tryin to start a brag war here, just wondering how many of you daily drive your lifted soobs.

i figure i put about 800 miles on a week, in my lifted one. since its summer i drive the motorcycle more lately, but even lifted and beaten offroad, it still gets me to work... almost all the time... and only partly dangerously.

My main goal in making a lifted Subaru is for the 50 mile round trip to work when it is snowing. My 01 Nissan is an open diff 2WD and makes for a looong trip when the roads are slick, but the V6 with power everything is sure comfortable the rest of the time. So my lifted Subaru is tagged, insured, and street legal, but not a daily driver.

- James B

i was regretting posting this after my lunch break. my h6 in my hatch just died on me. luckily it turned out to be that set screw on the rotor, under the disty cap. lucky me =]

the only dangerous part for me is the lack of a front sway bar. not too bad.

i was regretting posting this after my lunch break. my h6 in my hatch just died on me. luckily it turned out to be that set screw on the rotor, under the disty cap. lucky me =]

the only dangerous part for me is the lack of a front sway bar. not too bad.

LOL didnt I say right when we pulled over? "wonder if your rotor just flew off inside your dizzy cap" :lol: Had it happend twice on my EA82 even :o

=============

Mine used to be a daily driver untill I started moding it heavily. Then it became stricly my toy and I bought a daily driver. My KIA has a warrenty, gets better milage, and goes 110 MPH :cool:

crDSC01781.jpg

Each and every day. :headbang:

Meh Bronco only nets me 19mpg if I'm unloaded and easy on it. So the Brat gets all the daily beatings. About 90 miles per day with plenty of 4low ("6 speeds of fury") launches. And I can still light up the front end to show off against the honda punkz if I need to. ;)

the impreza is sorta lifted :rolleyes: and its my daily...

but when i had my previous lifted wagons.. (and hatch) I drove them as my daily! and the lifted hatch (the 81camohatch) was a pizza driver as well as an only car! and it was beat!!

both the yellow wagon and my 83 lifted wagon (the light bar on top) had no sway bars, and they were fine everywhere i went!

i have been thinking of removing my sway bar in the front of the imp.. to see how it handles then... it pushes around corners now...

and the lifted hatch was a pizza driver as well as an only car!

Man that's harsh, isn't it? I mean, if you drive to work and your cars broke, you can always catch a ride or take the bus or ride a bike.... But on pizza duty, you're always throwing it together at the last second, or driving around with no brakes hoping it'll hold together for 7.5 more hours. :eek:

Being able to take "shortcuts" through the desert always made it worth it!

• 2 weeks later...