Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just wandered over to Skagit Subaru's website to see how much they were asking for my traded-in Legacy. $6,999. Whoa. If anyone here is thinking of buying it, be careful. I'm assuming they reground and replaced all the valves and cylinder heads, replaced the messed-up valve guide, re-repaired the clutch and seperator plate, resealed all the engine seals, took out the dents, replaced the disintegrating timing belt cover, replaced all 4 sets of brake pads and the warped left rear rotor, replaced the worn-out driver's seat belt, and generally tidied up. But be careful. That critter had a lot of heart, but also a lot of rust. I wish Twobaru the best of luck in her new home... sniff! :( bye bye

Just wandered over to Skagit Subaru's website to see how much they were asking for my traded-in Legacy. $6,999. Whoa. If anyone here is thinking of buying it, be careful. I'm assuming they reground and replaced all the valves and cylinder heads, replaced the messed-up valve guide, re-repaired the clutch and seperator plate, resealed all the engine seals, took out the dents, replaced the disintegrating timing belt cover, replaced all 4 sets of brake pads and the warped left rear rotor, replaced the worn-out driver's seat belt, and generally tidied up. But be careful. That critter had a lot of heart, but also a lot of rust. I wish Twobaru the best of luck in her new home... sniff! :( bye bye

I would be SURPRISED if they did HALF the stuff on that list! :(

There were a couple other things various mechanics pointed out, that I forgot to add to the list. Then there's also the 10-years-in-midwest-salt issue.

Overall a decent car considering, but more than I could handle fixing anymore.