Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MudRat Front Bumper - Install Review

RalliTEK.com

Hey Morgan, just join up. Same registration process as here. They have an old school forum there and also some region specific forums as well.

Granted most of their membership is new gen but they also appreciate the old stuff as well.

Besides, they are a little freer on the topics allowed.:brow:

• 2 weeks later...

ok here's a couple of shots I took of the Rallitek baja and my outback with the Mudrat bumper (taken at the rally-X season opener).

outbaja.jpg

Scan10020.jpg

A mudrat is the bomb! I've pulled a few large trees out ofthe road and small boulders too.....I feel sorry for the old man in his nice volvo who ran into my Mudrat in a parking lot ....I was in the car parked! Volvos just aren't that tough anymore.....LOL!!

Offroadsubaruguy.....

The same bumper desing will fit anything from a 90 legacy up to a brand new 05 Outback, or what ever.....I did my best to make it that way on purpose....One size fits all....The only differance on a Legacy, Impreza or Forester is that there will be no Eye guard under the light.....The Baja and Outback have a Raised Bumper design there that other models do not.....

I've actually put one on a 97 Legacy sedan.....IT looks Very Bad A**.....:)

Hope this Brings a Gleam to your eye...... ;):slobber:;)

Later, John

• 5 weeks later...
If you live in NH almost anything is legal :drunk:

i've been told by a n.h. stae police officer that both plates are supposed to be on the car.he was gonna give me a ticket but because his partner was done writting out my speeding ticket he decided not to.

it was a speed trap,but try an prove it :banghead:

Mudrat,

I also second the question of how much do these bumpers cost? I've got a '95 Legacy LS, and it needs some nice bumpers such as those with skid-plates as well. I have a bud who can get a front bumper made for me, but getting him to do something like that is like pulling teeth. (Painful, and you delay it forever because you're not looking forward to the bill.) The only thing that scares me is the shipping from the west coast area to Arkansas. :banghead:

The Cost on these Baja Bumpers is 895.00 raw, and 1100.00

powdercoated......And before you hack up a Lung over the cost,

Here is the Full skinny....

It is Made out of 2" .120 wall tubing, All bracketry is 3/8 thick, it will accept a 4700 lb Warn winch or a 6800 lb ramsey winch up inside the bumper so it's protected, or I can mount a Receiver in the center so the Winch can be Stinger mounted...for use front or rear..? Also It comes with light tabs for a minimum of 4 lights and space for 6......:) Also And by far the Best feature in My opinion, is that it Vastly improves your aproach angle by several inches......:D

The Ones that are out there in use already , have more than shown their worth.......:)

I am getting ready to build several more, so If you truely want one e-mail or pm me ASAP.....

John

Speaking of bumpers, how are mine coming? Back in July (at the show) you said you were just waiting on the powdercoater. What's the current status?

Here is the Full skinny....

It is Made out of 2" .120 wall tubing, All bracketry is 3/8 thick, it will accept a 4700 lb Warn winch or a 6800 lb ramsey winch up inside the bumper so it's protected, or I can mount a Receiver in the center so the Winch can be Stinger mounted...for use front or rear..? Also It comes with light tabs for a minimum of 4 lights and space for 6......:) Also And by far the Best feature in My opinion, is that it Vastly improves your aproach angle by several inches......:D

The Ones that are out there in use already , have more than shown their worth.......:)

I am getting ready to build several more, so If you truely want one e-mail or pm me ASAP.....

John

John

*hacks up a lung* I don't doubt the quality of the bumper, I'll have to save up for a bit though. Considering I bought my 95 Legacy for $2k, it's harder to justify. If I were to get a new 2005 Outback, I could easily justify it. :banghead: Awesome bumpers though.