Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LeoneTurbo is coming to the US this fall!

Marnix

Hi guys, finally found my way to the new board!

This fall, I will be visiting the US for work. More specifically, end of October I will be visiting Laredo, TX. Might be fun visting or meeting a few of you I know from the EZboard. Who's in that area?

Cheers,

Is this the same Marnix who had those cool pics and vids of an ea82 Leone on the Nurburgring a while back? Hey, welcome back. I was trying to find you for a while to get some more of those pics (for the collection) if you have any. Please email anything you may have.....my email is in my profile.

Oh, and I was trying to find a way to get a european Leone badge from the rear of the car, from ea81 or 82. Any idea how to get such a thing?

Originally posted by Alliturken

Is this the same Marnix who had those cool pics and vids of an ea82 Leone on the Nurburgring a while back?

Videos of an EA82 Leone on the Nurburgring? Can someone PLEASE post a link to this/these videos? I'd love to see them.

:eek:

And hello Marnix! :wave:

I got it from Marnix' old site, it's an incar. I think there were more including out-car, but I cannot find the site anymore. Hopefully he'll come on and tell us where we can find 'em. Meantime, I'll try to email you the one I have, or if someone wants to host it (USMB gallery?) let me know where to email it.

Originally posted by Alliturken

I got it from Marnix' old site, it's an incar. I think there were more including out-car, but I cannot find the site anymore. Hopefully he'll come on and tell us where we can find 'em. Meantime, I'll try to email you the one I have, or if someone wants to host it (USMB gallery?) let me know where to email it.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I save ALL of my Scooby videos.

....because he's listed on one of the Nurburgring lap time boards as having done a 9 min 30 sec lap in a Leone stated at roughly 130hp. That's some pretty respectable driving for a low hp not so light car with soft suspension. I think his first posted times were around 11 min, so he must have gotten in a lot of practice since the first time out. Or it could have been raining that day. It's a tough tough track when it's wet! C'mon Marnix, I wanna hear some Leone tales from the ring!

Hi guys, sorry not to respond any sooner, bit I'm a bit busy these days (even non-Subaru)!

Here's the site where you can find some videos, one of the Leone (outboard) and one professional one of my Legacy, both Nordschleife.

vkd_8200rpm_ringspecial03_legacy4wd.wmv

Leone_nordschleife_8200rpm.wmv

BTW, I'm working on putting online a video of a lap around the track in my old XT Turbo AWD, with the camera mounted on the roof!

BR,

I ditched the red one after it suffered brake failure (rear drum exploded). I kept the engine and FI system (both MY85) though.

The silver one (camera mounted on door) had a 85 hp EA71 engine.

The white Legacy in the 'professional' vid, has a 115 hp normally aspirated EJ20 SOHC engine.

Calebz, I'll try to locate an EA82T MY87 ECU for you. Auto or manual?