Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What kind of tires should I get?

SakoTGrimes

The regular street tires on the 92 Loyale wagon are getting worn and slowly loosing air. I'd like to get some tires that will be good for both daily driving (as in not 42" swampers) and light mud/dirt/snow for around $300. What brand/tire place do you guys recommend?

I know the perfect tire for ya. Pacemark Snowtraker. I've had these on my suby for a year now and they have never let me down. I have went through really gnarly mud and they pull right through. On road they handle very nice. And gravel is where they perform the best. Try and get 185/75/13. Anything bigger than stock.

The regular street tires on the 92 Loyale wagon are getting worn and slowly loosing air. I'd like to get some tires that will be good for both daily driving (as in not 42" swampers) and light mud/dirt/snow for around $300. What brand/tire place do you guys recommend?

I couldn't help but notice a HUGE BIG STICKY AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ABOUT THIS Just so you know :banghead:

That was sarcastic i'm only kidding, but really, check the sticky.

a Sticky is a post that is "stuck" to the top of all pages in the forum. It is a Post that has been deemed to being useful, or have info everyone asks for.

Here is the sticky link about tyres and lifts http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24980

And here is a link to the forum page you will find the sticky labeled "Frequently Asked Questions about how to upgrade, lift, shoe your Soob for wheeling."

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Hope that helps you.

Yea, check the sticky (and if you haven't figured it out by now, they say "sticky:........" as the title of the thread/discussion)

BUT, that'll probably have more information about tires that one would use after a lift.....so, I'd say, call/shop around, see what local places have, and for how much, tires for 13" wheels are a bit hard to come by, so unless you plan on ordering them, you may want to see what's available locally. I went to my local discount tire (MNAudi club discount......don't call me a traitor, so I used to drive an audi), and they had a nice set of All-Seasons that fit my wheels, they even happened to be stock size too, and they did some pretty impressive stuff this spring, and now, after my lift, I've got some more good, name-brand all-seasons. Makes for good driveability, and good traction!