Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gaugeing interst Factory Parts Book

today i scored. (Subaru speaking that is)

got a set of factory parts books for 1972-1978,

now this is about 1000 pages or so.

im thinking of making scanded copys of the major stuff on CD,

also i got the use of(not to keep) a set of 360 parts books, for sedan, young s, van, and pickup. now these i will be scaning using the hires scaner so that there is a diggy copy of it avalible.

not trying to make money this isnt a Buy ME type deal just want to provide a resorce for this part of the board.

so what should i scan first on the 72-78 parts book....

today i scored. (Subaru speaking that is)

got a set of factory parts books for 1972-1978,

now this is about 1000 pages or so.

im thinking of making scanded copys of the major stuff on CD,

also i got the use of(not to keep) a set of 360 parts books, for sedan, young s, van, and pickup. now these i will be scaning using the hires scaner so that there is a diggy copy of it avalible.

not trying to make money this isnt a Buy ME type deal just want to provide a resorce for this part of the board.

so what should i scan first on the 72-78 parts book....

I've been scanning pages from my '77-'79 FPM for a few people,as needed.Just keep it handy.You don't have to give that one back do you?('72-79)

I REALLY want all pages related to '72-76.....so,whatever you can do would be great.

Nope i get to keep the 72-78, paid 80 bucks for it but thought that i could live with that.

im going to try and start scaning this week some time. i think ill do CD'd like Engine, trans and what not and brake it down that way. anyway if you have anything you need before i get it done let me know

• 3 years later...

I've got the same 72-77/78 parts book. I just finished dividing it out into its 3 sections and putting all the pages in plastic sleeves so I can take them out and scan them if need be.

It would take forever to scan them into the computer for posting and I don't have that kind of time, but if anyone needs something specific let me know...

Oh, and has anyone ever seen or heard of a ~1970 parts manual for the FF-1's? The one I have is 72, and a few things are quite different, like the interior dash parts and rear suspension.

I've got the same 72-77/78 parts book. I just finished dividing it out into its 3 sections and putting all the pages in plastic sleeves so I can take them out and scan them if need be.

It would take forever to scan them into the computer for posting and I don't have that kind of time, but if anyone needs something specific let me know...

Oh, and has anyone ever seen or heard of a ~1970 parts manual for the FF-1's? The one I have is 72, and a few things are quite different, like the interior dash parts and rear suspension.

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch.detail?invid=8924963609&qauth=Fuji+Heavy&qtit=Subaru+Ff-1+Series+Parts+List&qsort=p&page=1

My parts manual actually says 1970 for the FF-1 stuff, but the photos and part numbers are incorrect for some very specific things on my year/model of FF-1 and actually show the 1971-72 model... Its somewhat frustrating.

According to the Hollander interchange manual I picked up, there were 3 "phases" of FF-1's sold in the states... Phase 1 which was pre-1970, Phase 2 which was ONLY 1970 models (and which my VIN number indicates it belongs to), and Phase 3 which were the late 1970 to 1972 models.

It seems to be the only book that somewhat explains the differences through the years, like how my rear brakes/suspension is different and not compatible with the later models...

I'm pretty sure I have the manual you need -Steve. I'll go digging next chance I get.

Pretty much have all FPM's from 1968 up thru the early 80's and some others pat that and into the 90's.

The box with the majority of those manuals is easily accessible. Next time at storage I'll snag the 1970 and all ff-1 stuff to compare.

Sorry for the hijack.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm pretty sure I have the manual you need -Steve. I'll go digging next chance I get.

Pretty much have all FPM's from 1968 up thru the early 80's and some others pat that and into the 90's.

The box with the majority of those manuals is easily accessible. Next time at storage I'll snag the 1970 and all ff-1 stuff to compare.

Sorry for the hijack.

:lol::lol::lol:

Awesome! Thanks!

/hijack