Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Air intake done, mostly!

Well, been away from the computer for a bit... I actually don't have one right now:( Should have it back by tomorrow or friday.

Anyway... I got my air intake finished, mostly. I still need to re-do the bracket that holds the filter up 'cause the one that's on there wants to pull it away from the engine and push the filter into the fender.

Total cost was about $15 for the filter. I already had the nuts, bolts, washers, aluminum plate and little aluminim tube.

It feels WAY better than the stock air box... and even better than the modified(drilled) air box that it replaces. Sounds really good above 4K. Gets the honda crowd to turn to look and the Subaru passing them :burnout:

Picture is attached.

post-60-136027584968_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

EA82 Intake modifiers report!

thumb_IM000688.JPG

That along with this:

thumb_IM001039.JPG

Makes for some MEAN sounds, and improved throttle response. Not sure if it provides any extra power - I need to create the baffle and a scoop.

Nice work on yours!

Yeah - I was thinking about that. I was also considering mocking something up with styrofoam and then laying fiberglass sheets on it, sanding, priming, and painting. Not sure what I am going to do yet.

You're more of a man than I am.. I hacked a hole and stuck on a premade scoop:)

You're more of a man than I am.. I hacked a hole and stuck on a premade scoop:)

Hahaha! I doubt that. I was actually eyeing a plastic paint tray at one time. I think with a little bondo/fiberglass - I might be able to find one that is exactly what I need!