1986 Brat

Originally posted by soobydaddy

Just a quick question...

Whats the box size on the 1986 Brat???

Also whats the BIG deal with SPFI???

lemeno.

Thanx.

P.S.This is what that F*#K!ng bananna should have been doing all along:dead:

Bed is 5' long and I don't know how wide. As for the SPFI, if we are still talking about a Brat then I think we would be talking about the EA-81T Push-rod, SPFI, Turbo that is a very rare motor, and not found in anything other than the 83 and 84 model years. Other than that they made an EA-82 in several flavors, one of which was SPFI. There was nothing spectacular about it that I know about.

Keith

The EA81T is NOT SPFI, it's MPFI - that's why the heads are soooo sought after, because they have injector bosses for each cylinder..... No EA81 of ANY flavor ever came with SPFI..... that includes all Brats. Although the SPFI from an EA82 will bolt up and work with some slight distributor modifications.

Also - Brat beds are the same from 82 to 87, nothing specific about the 86 model year.

GD

Originally posted by soobydaddy

p.s. why does it say im a newbe?I was on the board for at least 2 years befor this?:banghead:

They didn't automatically transfer post counts and "titles" over from the old board. There was a thread on the old board about e-mailing your post count and they would update your info. I've been on the board for about two years myself, but only registered for the new board this week. Hopefully they get my e-mail and update me, I don't want people thinking I'm a Noob. :headbang:

Keith

Originally posted by "EJ"

Haven't seen yea in a while, check out the forum help to get your post transfered over to the new board.

soobydaddy

I'll physically measure mine tonight if nobody else has numbers. Mine is actually an 86 too.

EJ

Thanks ! I'll check out the helkp forum. Its been a really strange year for me. I'm really hoping to get my RX back together so I can come and play in the Pine Barons, but if I don't I may still come and bring my baby.

Keith

i hope you know that Miles Fox has put the wrench to this ride!

i'll have it all fixed up--i know this brat personally and am working on the carb

i already know what it will take t put spfi on an ea81. it would be easier to put an ea82 spfi if we had a whole donor car to part from.

if so, you can have the spfi already installed before you make the deal!

Are you talking about the Brat im getting?(1986 white Ohio?)

If so what do you mean "the wrench"?

Also if you know it what do you think of it(worth the trip?)?

I like it alot and would like some info on it(if you have any).

Work on the carb?You rebulding it?

Havent heard from MR.Wood in a while...Whats his USMB name?

I wasnt thinking about putting a spfi in it I just wanted to know the "deal" with them(more hp?better low end?).

letmeknow

:wave:

i am next pt ;ooking at it right now! i am at jim's for the weekend putting wrenches to soobs. what is the "wrench" you say?

well thewrench over here was getting a deadbeat non running turbo to run like new, 2 brake jobs, front and rear, and getting power windows to work. the "wrench" is a good thing.

we are getting a carb fom an 87 ea82 and will be putting it on(if it has its original manifold)

86subaru is the name you seek.

personally i think a carb has more fuel delivery potential. if you are gping to mess with woring harnesses you might as well go with mpfi turbo!

i'll let jim describe it to you

jim goes by 86subaru on the board, but his login is "guest" rather than member, because of transferring over and his internet provider, or something like that.

pm me and send me an email, i will be doing a lot of the work on this BRAT

It has the axles off my last TrashWagon!!!!

it needs a little work as far as driving it back to florida. but if a trashwagon can make it to washington..............

well, anyeay, if you caould make the trip that would be grand!