Ultimate Subaru Message Board

possible old brat parts source

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...........

I was at work today, and my brother's girlfriend sends me an IM saying "did your brother tell you what we found back in the woods at my dad's house?"

and, of course, my brother did not tell me what they found.

her response was "a subaru brat I never knew was there! dad said it was from the late '70's and used to be my uncles"

of course my ears perked at this point... but the reason it's only a possible parts source, is that she said it's really rusty, and there's a tree growing up through the bed.

my high school graduation is tomorrow, so I can't look at it then, and I work all weekend. post parts requests and hopefully I'll be going to look at it early next week to see what's left

Man,you're REALLY upstate!!! I'd love to get up there for some fishing,camping,and hiking. Let me know what it looks like,please. I can use a few little things.Sounds like it'll be a total rot box as far as the body goes...

I'd be all for a little trip up there to camp with my son,or maybe the whole family if there's something substancial left for picking.

Congrats on graduating!!Party hard now,rest of the trip requires more focus.:drunk:

Man,you're REALLY upstate!!! I'd love to get up there for some fishing,camping,and hiking. Let me know what it looks like,please. I can use a few little things.Sounds like it'll be a total rot box as far as the body goes...

I'd be all for a little trip up there to camp with my son,or maybe the whole family if there's something substancial left for picking.

Congrats on graduating!!Party hard now,rest of the trip requires more focus.:drunk:

yes, I'm incredibly upstate....

you _DO_ need to get up here, though, as we have the best camping, hiking, and fishing(not really anymore) for a long ways!!!

adirondack mountains, according to my geology major friend, are the oldest mountains in north america, and were caused not by plates ramming into each other, but by huge magma pools underground causing pressure and making the ground rise up to the sky! they're still growing 3mm / year

but anyway, enough of the rambling... I'll let you know if it looks good or is useless...

145 miles of beautiful scenary from my house....:brow: Well, with a tree growing out of it maybe the dash was in the shade, I could use a nice uncracked dash

Wait ...let me see if this is right you're 83 and you just graduated high school???

:drunk: :drunk: Way to go,..... Dude!!!:drunk: :drunk:

Congrats!!!!!

Plz check if the steering wheel is any good

Oh and I want to see a pic of a tree growing through the bed

Skip,

I was able to get the trim behind the door opener from the dealer. he said all they have is black, but it ended up looking nice. If you can't get them through your dealer, I can ask to see the one here if they can get more (if you are interested).

12069brat_005-thumb.jpg

Skip, I have the tan... NICE... no oxidization... if I can get the black off of it... seems to come off real easy from the window cranks, so I don't think it's an issue...

Yellow Sub.. can you get me black?

I will call him tomorrow and see if he can get more. I will PM you and let you know what he says.