Ultimate Subaru Message Board

interior parts?

Guest Calibrat

Guest Calibrat

does anyone know of any good sites to find interior parts?

I need carpet, dash, seats, console, everything.

I want to get all new, not just junkyard parts.

does any company make any nos interior stuff?

Guest Calibrat

I am looking for new parts for an old brat

is there a place like Rocky Mountain Motorworks is for VW's?

am I just gonna have to go frankenstien on my brat?

Guest GeneralDisorder

I'm sure we would all know about it if there were - but I'm afraid there is no one makeing these parts. The cars are simply not numerous enough, nor popular enough to make it profitable. I wish this were not the case, but it is. You will have to find the parts in a JY, or on eBay, or through this board.

GD

I have a '92 loyale rust bucket with pretty nice interior. The rear seat doesn't even look like it was used. The other stuff is also in pretty good shape. A couple of stains but not much wear and no cuts or tears. If you are in old Virginny, you are welcome to take a look at it.

I am going to end up junking all of this interior stuff since interior stuff doesn't really wear out like mechanical parts so I doubt anyone will ever want it. The interior on *my* Loyale looks worse but I won't replace it because frankly it doesn't bother me.

As for new.. Hm, that's the dilemma all car owner's face. Once it gets old enough, I think you should be glad you find *any* parts for it. Try finding a seat belt for a 30-year old model. I remember about 10 years ago I saw 70's domestic cars every day. Today - none. All gone to the crusher. 10 year old vehicles are just about the optimum for cheap used parts availability. Too new is too expensive, too old and availability is iffy.

Guest Caboobaroo

did the old gen 1 wagons (1979) come with like a black interior? If so, does anyone know where a wagon with black interior is like in a junkyard?

Guest Flowmastered87GL

There is a 1985 GL wagon with a black interior at the u-pull-it in vancouver WA, well at least there was, not sure if its still there, its been a while