Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone need pics of where to hammer?

Flowmastered87GL

I am hammering the inner fenders of my 82 Brat this weekend to make the struts not bang and creak when turning and before I put everything back together I was wondering if anyone wants me to snap pictures of where to pound (before and after) so that the strut/spring no longer rubs the fender (with the PK Davis 3/3 kit)

I will be re-assembling Sunday afternoon so if you even think you MIGHT want pics... let me know and I will drag the camera outside.

I took em, they are on the camera. I will try to write up an article for the USRM manual eventually after I photoshop them with arrows pointing at where I hammered.

Took the car out, no more banging form the coil springs rubbing on the body. Found out that one of the struts wasnt turning well with the knuckle so I had to PB blaster it. All is good now though (other than the fact I need to BFH the fenders still to fit the BIG tires)

You need to send this info to Ozified so it can be added to the destructions that come with the lift kits. I've been wondering why there isn't any mention of this problem in the install instructions. Really sucks to get every thing together then find out you have to take the struts back out to hammer the inner fender.