Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help: Turn signals, hazard flashers and horn dont work

I just finished putting a new engine in my 1982 4wd wagon, everything works but the Turn signals, Hazard flashers, and horn. I checked the fuses and they are fine but their is now power where the fuses plug in, any suggestions as to where to look for the problem.

You don't state how you are checking the power. Did the power to the fuses suddenly start to work or was there a problem in the testing? If the fuses have power now but the flashers don't then you need to trace back the supply wire as I guess you know.

When I transplanted the wiring harness and motor to the buggy, I had the same issue.

My problem was a toasted flasher unit and rusty horn wires. They worked before I messed with them but not after.

You need to trace the power to those units???

Good Luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

ha. when I saw the title, I thought to myself... I bet it's an '82 :lol:

I ended up adding new wiring to my circuits, instead of properly chasing down the culprit....

the '82s seem to be prone to wiring issues.....

• 5 weeks later...

Fixed the problem turns out that when i changed engines the ac compesor being unbolted caused the splice from the fuse box to the horn and emergency flashers to come loose the splice was done with only electrical tape for some reason, respliced it with a wire nut problem solved. turns out the blinkers worked all along they just where not working when i tested them becuase the hazard switch was still pushed in which disables them.